dickomah
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth Speaker death during firmware update.

Hi,
Attempted to do a firmware update on my Soundlink Mini II speaker, it was mid way through and then crashed and advised that the device needs to be recovered. I've performed 'A D V Up/Down', and checked the error log. This is what I get:

9/14/2017 16:58:37.313, Error, Error erasing SQIF 9/14/2017
17:21:51.733, Error, ExternalFlasher last command status: 3
9/14/2017 17:21:51.733, Error, Error erasing SQIF 9/14/2017
17:24:03.839, Error, ExternalFlasher last command status: 3
9/14/2017 17:24:03.839, Error, Error erasing SQIF

I've tried resetting the processor by holding the middle button before connecting the device to power, but this doesn't resolve the issue. The device is visible by the web interface updater, and displays that it is charging, when connected to my laptop. Sometimes it continuously tells me that it is stuck at 80% charge, when ever I press the power button. I've also tried to downgrade the firmware, but same thing occurs.
Any ideas? It's pretty disappointing that such a prestige brands product would die during a firmware update, which was required to fix the little to no battery life that the device had to begin with.

Attempted to do a firmware update on my Soundlink Mini II speaker, it was mid way through and then crashed and advised that the device needs to be recovered. I've performed 'A D V Up/Down', and checked the error log. This is what I get:

9/14/2017 16:58:37.313, Error, Error erasing SQIF 9/14/2017

17:21:51.733, Error, ExternalFlasher last command status: 3

9/14/2017 17:21:51.733, Error, Error erasing SQIF 9/14/2017

17:24:03.839, Error, ExternalFlasher last command status: 3

9/14/2017 17:24:03.839, Error, Error erasing SQIF

I've tried resetting the processor by holding the middle button before connecting the device to power, but this doesn't resolve the issue. The device is visible by the web interface updater, and displays that it is charging, when connected to my laptop. Sometimes it continuously tells me that it is stuck at 80% charge, when ever I press the power button. I've also tried to downgrade the firmware, but same thing occurs.

Any ideas? It's pretty disappointing that such a prestige brands product would die during a firmware update, which was required to fix the little to no battery life that the device had to begin with.

2 REPLIES 2
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth Speaker death during firmware update.

dickomah

Thanks for the detailed post. That's definitely not normal. Everything you posted points to a  defective speaker. I would contact your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Please come back and update us when you can.

Tony

dickomah
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Re: SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth Speaker death during firmware update.

I'll do this again, but I had done this once before and never heard a response from Bose tech support.

I've even gone to a Bose store and shown their sales representatives the issue, all they suggested was that I buy a new speaker... Pretty dissapointing considering it's their update service that appears to buggy.