moorejh143
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2016

SoundLink Mini II - Solid Red Light, will not power up

I have a Soundlink Mini II that I have had for about 18 Months.  It worked great up until this past Friday (18 November 2016).  It will turn on, but has a solid red light.  I have tried all the steps in other threads: removed the doc by plugging right into the battery, changed the outlet, "reset" by holding the multi function key 12 sections - and right now, I have it plugged directly into the speaker and into my computer.  It will not charge.  I can not apply the firmware because there is not enough charge in the battery.
Any other suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
moorejh143
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2016

Re: SoundLink Mini II - Solid Red Light, will not power up

In case anyone reading this has a similar problem, it was an extremely easy fix.  The cable was bad.  I replaced the cable and all is good.

Jimmy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I am having the same issue currently. I'll try using a different cable when I get home.

Jason70
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Same problem, tried several cables. started with orange flashing, worked for a while but would not charge past 60%, so I thought I would try letting the battery run down.... big mistake, now it does not work at all, I let it charge overnight still nothing- is it garbage now?... big Bose fan, but this is poor quality for them. $150 down the drain. 

moorejh143
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2016

What cables have you used?  Are they known brands or knock-off's?  When I fixed mine, I used the Belkin Mixit 4ft Universal Micro USB Cable (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E65OM3Q/ref=twister_B01N9QZPBE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) and it has been working great.  I bought a second one to share with my QC35's and my AfterShokz headphones.

I have learned over the years that some devices just dont like no-named cables.

Jason70
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

@moorejh143 wrote:

What cables have you used?  Are they known brands or knock-off's?  When I fixed mine, I used the Belkin Mixit 4ft Universal Micro USB Cable (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E65OM3Q/ref=twister_B01N9QZPBE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) and it has been working great.  I bought a second one to share with my QC35's and my AfterShokz headphones.

I have learned over the years that some devices just dont like no-named cables.

Generic cables that came with other devices, one came with a pair of jaybirds, the other with a pair of Beats. I have some other cables to try at work, I think I am going to find out that the battery is dead. emailed Bose to see if there is a way to get it replaced, also did see that you can buy batteries for it, $30-$50 on ebay or amazon. Try a few more cables first. 

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to chime in and provide contact information for customer support and give a suggestion.  If replacing the cable doesn't work and if you are able to I'd suggest performing a reboot of the system processor, I have included the steps for this below:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

If rebooting the processor doesn't work either then I would suggest reaching out to customer support here.  Select your country and scroll down to where you see "Contact us".

Please keep us updated if you can,

Shiloh_C

Jason70
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I have tried that several times. rebooted, etc, tried several USB cables. etc. I have reached out to customer service and have not heard back from them yet.