Kneth
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Re: SoundLink Mini firmware update bricks device, useless tech support

Does  the original SoundLink Mini speaker have any updates?

After pressing the AUX for 10 seconds, the two LEDs starts blinking but nothing happens.

Has to hard reset the speaker after this operation.

(Windows 8.1 x64)

Hello Kneth! 

Thanks for reaching out to us here. The SoundLink Mini no longer have any updates available. Just to clarify, were you trying to reset the speaker? To properly reset the speaker, press and hold the Mute button 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly. Press the power button to turn the system back on. 

Could you let me know if that helps at all? 

Thank you and have a great one. 

Mohsin- Bose Support

Kneth
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Hello Mohsin,

Thank you very much for your reply which did answer my question.

After I bought the Sound Link Mini (1), I never could do any firmware update. Does that mean there was no firmware update for that model?

I am sorry to mention, the Bose firmware updating software is a DISGRACE to the Bose name we have in high esteem!

It just freezes and the speaker needs to be hard resetted after an attempt to upgrade the firmware.

It sure would be nice if Bose can produce a working software, where a user could see the firmware version installed on the speaker and the version of the next available firmware version.

Really...

andreasstrauss
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2018

i also tryed the update for my mini original version. because my Windows is not loading the drivers vor the bluetooth in update thru the net.

but  it got stuck the same way and i had to unlock it 15 sec. silent-botton.

Kneth
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Awaiting a reply from Bose...

Hi Kneth!

Sorry for the delay in response!  You are correct, the original SoundLink Mini no longer has updates available.  I'm sorry to hear that the updating software is causing difficulties.  I will absolutely pass your feedback along to the team to be looked at.  Thank you for posting and for sharing your concern.

Take care,

Shiloh 

Rich82
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

It no longer has updates available or never had updates available?

allienpsy
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Hi Shiloh 

I have a Bose soundlink original which powers off random when in use and with plugged in or unplugged to power outlet, it could be 5 minutes to 15 minutes  anywhere and after trying to turn on the speaker you get no sound . I see lot of people having similar or some issue with this speakers ,until now i thought Bose as company produced high quality speakers , I also understand there is not firmaware update for this speaker , Bose should look to find a solution by getting a update or some sort solution for it  , after sales there needs to be support for the product which clearly dont see much help here .Any help to fix the issue would be deeply appreciated .

tashtacular
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 5, 2018

I know this thread is old, but I actually had the same problem with my soundlink headphones. Restarting my system with the headphones connected did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion!!

DDMD
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

Please take a few minutes and update your site to reflect that the firmware update is only for the Soundlink Mini II. I just wasted an hour trying to get it to work on the original. Several people have asked for this. It will only take you a few minutes and it is lousy support to leave it like it is.