Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2018

SoundLink Revolve Connection Issues, Incorrect names, Connect App

Hey...here we go...

I have a Soundlink Revolve and whenever I connect anything to the speaker it calls it (for privacy) “connected to iPhone A” except I haven’t actually connected iPhone A, I have connected iPhone B. It still pairs ok and I can play music but the Connect App on iPhone B doesn’t recognize that the Revolve is connected. If I disconnect iPhone B from the Revolve, the speaker announces that, in fact, iPhone B has just disconnected. The interesting this is, if I connect two phones they are both called iPhone A when connecting and they are both called iPhone B when they disconnect regardless of the actual names of the phones, they could be called Bob’s iPhone and they would still be announced as iPhone A connected. This also means that the connect app on either phone doesn’t recognize the speaker at all, so much for updating the speaker.

I have also tried clearing the pairing list, resetting the speaker, draining the battery completely, resetting all phones involved, renaming phones, deleting and reinstalling the app, nothing works. Oh, and I can only connect two devices, it will not let me connect anymore. This speaker has suddenly become useless.

Please help!! Bose is usually better than this!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Re: SoundLink Revolve Connection Issues, Incorrect names, Connect App

Author Accepted Answer selected by TJayM86
Hi there!

I didn’t exactly find a solution but this is what I did and it eventually stopped doing it.

I basically cleared out the Bluetooth list, then I hard reset it. Don’t reconnect anything to it, essentially leave it in its “brand new” state. I put in on charge overnight and then when I tried it the next day, it was back to normal.

I don’t know exactly what caused it to go back to normal but that is eventually all I did.

Beforehand I was clearing the Bluetooth list and hard resetting it and trying it right away but after leaving it on charge overnight after clearing the list and resetting it, it worked.

Give it a try and hopefully this works for you too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Hey, have you figured out a solution to this? I’ve always had my speaker connected to my phone and my iPad. 1 week ago my friend connected her phone and ever since then my speaker says it’s connected to her phone when I connect and says my iPad is disconnected when I disconnect from my phone. The app doesn’t recognize I’m connected to the speaker. This is incredibly frustrating.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by TJayM86
Hi there!

I didn’t exactly find a solution but this is what I did and it eventually stopped doing it.

I basically cleared out the Bluetooth list, then I hard reset it. Don’t reconnect anything to it, essentially leave it in its “brand new” state. I put in on charge overnight and then when I tried it the next day, it was back to normal.

I don’t know exactly what caused it to go back to normal but that is eventually all I did.

Beforehand I was clearing the Bluetooth list and hard resetting it and trying it right away but after leaving it on charge overnight after clearing the list and resetting it, it worked.

Give it a try and hopefully this works for you too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Omfggggg it worked!! Thank you so much!!!! If I could hug you I would!!!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Glad this worked for you!