Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2017

SoundLink Revolve Speaker Bluetooth Connection via non-Bluetooth Compatible Computer

Hello - would like to know the following.

1. Is there a way to connect the Soundlink Revolve Speaker to a non-Bluetooth PC via any Bluetooth adapter?
  2. If so, is there a device you recommend?

Do not want to download any software or drivers, so hardware seems to be the best solve.

Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2017

Re: SoundLink Revolve Speaker Bluetooth Connection via non-Bluetooth Compatible Computer

Got nothing?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink Revolve Speaker Bluetooth Connection via non-Bluetooth Compatible Computer

adisdier,

Thanks for the great question. To use the SoundLink Revolve or any Bluetooth device on a computer without Bluetooth you would need a Bluetooth adapter. As far as a recommendation goes, there are so many different ones to choose from. Does anyone in the community want to chime in on one that they have had luck with?

Let us know if you find one that you can recommend

Tony

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 12, 2014

Very easy to do with a Bluetooth Adapter.  I don't know if the forum rules prohibit giving referrals, so I won't list any brands, but there are plenty out there that will work just fine.  I have two desktop PC's (older models that don't have built-in bluetooth) that I am using with adapters and they work perfectly.  Hope that helps!!!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 12, 2014

Oh I see the mod solicited inputs, so here ya go, I would recommend the Amazon Basics Bluetooth Adapter at this link.  https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Receiver/dp/B00I59VBH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@vpasq

Thanks for the recommendation. This is what makes the community great! @adisdier, please come back and update us so we can know how it worked out for you.

Great job!

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2017

Thanks, everyone. Have another device I am trying to pair. Perhaps I'm an idiot with the NFC issue. 

If I purchase the Amazon adapter, will be sure to let you know if it rectifies the sitatution. Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Another option is actually USB directly. If you plug the USB cable it came with directly into a PC it has a built in USB sound card and will play audio that way. Pretty neat.