Sacred Electron
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Re: SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all.

I had the same problem on both my Soundlink Revolve.  It would go down to blinking red, but then refuse to charge.  This appears to be one of the issues:

I was using a Samsung phone power adaptor to charge the Bose.  DO NOT USE ANY POWER ADAPTOR EXCEPT FOR BOSE.  They are not compatible.  The Samsung has a "fast charge mode" by increasing the voltage to 9V momentarily to test to see if the receiving device can handle 9V.  Samsung phones with this feature, can be charged fast at 9V (instead of the normal 5V).  When Bose Revolve detects that momentary 9V, it shuts itself down, and refuses to accept a charge, even though the Samsung adaptor is back at 5V.  So use its original wall power adaptor by Bose.

Hey Sacred Electron,

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know that you're all set.  That was a great catch on your part!

Let us know if you need anything at all.

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C 

GOSS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as everyone listed here. 

The unit charged a few times with no issues then it started to only partially charge.  Now it will not take a charge at all.

I've tired all the troubleshooting suggestions with no success.  I am using the wall charger that came with the unit.

Has this issue been resolved yet? 

I notice that a couple of the people that have the same issue were recommended to contact customer support.  What were your results/findings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I would like to add that I used to have a Bose Soundlink Mini that had the same issue.  I returned the unit and exchanged it for a new one at the Bose store where I originally purchased it,  three times.  Yes, three times within one year.  On the last time it was getting close to the one year warranty cut-off date so I just opted for a full refund.  The sales representative was not aware of any charging issues (only mine).

It is obviously a serious enough issue with Bose rechargable items that there are numerous forums on the topic.  When will Bose fix this issue?

If so, what is the answer?

I

Tommzy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

I have the same problem.

Not sure you still have the same issue or not. But I do hope you have a way out, because this is really annoy and frustrated. 

I'm using the inbox charging adapter, inbox charging cable and a waitting for get charged inbox Bose soundlink revolve.

I connect the cable with the speaker for the whole night, and the orange light still flashing. 

The app shows it's about 70% charged. 

I do reset the speaker, and I did it for about 5 times. 

I tried all combo of 6 buttons on the speaker interface, and nothing magical happens. 

Pretty frustrated, I bought it 1 week ago.

yes! One([wuhn], 1, meaning: being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item,or object rather than two or more; a single:) week. 

One week, this speaker start pissing me off. OMG

Hi Tommzy,

Thanks for reaching out!  That is very frustrating.  Your speaker should not be behaving like that - I think that you should reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I hope that this helps.

Take care and enjoy your weekend,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
GOSS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

I ended up having to contact support (as suggested).  They provided me with the instructions and requirments to return the item to them for repair.  All costs associated to the return, repair, and ship back to me were taken care of.  I have since received the speaker back form Bose and it appears to be working fine.  I've only had to charge it twice to date. and it has taken a full charge.  So far, so good.

Sacred Electron
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

So this is acknowledgement that there is an issue with charging the Revolve (small).  I hope my issue does not come back to haunt me.

GOSS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Update 2018-04-30

The unit is back to its problem of not charging.  This is after having it serviced and being advised that it will work fine now and not have any more issues.  Ha, really.

There comes a point in time when a corporation will start to loose its market share due to a refusal to admit that they have a problem/issue with their product.  Please get you head out of the sand and pull these 'rechargable' products from the market until you have figured out the problem.  Perhaps using quality components may help the problem/issue.

If I could get a full refund I would opt for that.  But it seems that I'm stuck in this infernal hell-loop of sending the unit in for repair every time it fails.  Looks like I will need to contact support again and be without a speaker for a while.

This is very frustrating.  I will be reccomending to everyone I know to stay away from any and all Bose rechargable products.

Jennkrohn
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

I am having this same issue. I have a new small revolve. The red battery light blinks and it says the battery is low. When I plug it in the red light continues to blink but it does not seem to be charging as, no matter how long I’ve left it plugged in it tells me the battery is low when I unplug it. I’ve tried resetting by holding the power button for 10 seconds several times. No change. I also tried different outlets and plugs for the micro usb. I’m wondering if the charge port itself or the plug could have been bad? Any additional suggestions?

Hi Jennkrohn,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about that. If you have already tried factory resetting and that didn't work, I would reach out to your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us" 

Regards,

Tony - Community Support