SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all.

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorTony_G

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all

Charge indicator light does not turn on at all.

I did however solve the problem by letting the battery run down completely and then putting it back on the charging cradle. It worked after that.

Note: I did press and hold the power button until it reset but that did not work.

19 REPLIES 19

michael90s

That is frustrating. Could we ask are you seeing any LED lights when you are charging? Here is a picture of the "Status Lights". The Battery indicator should be glowing while its charging.

Let us know

Tony

Audible Advocate

Charge indicator light does not turn on at all.

I did however solve the problem by letting the battery run down completely and then putting it back on the charging cradle. It worked after that.

Note: I did press and hold the power button until it reset but that did not work.

Audible Advocate

I have a Bose Revolver speaker that will not charge.  It charged originally but will not charge now.  I have the plug-in type charger.  The yellow light flashes continually and it never changes color or charges at all.  I tried letting it run down to zero before charging and also holding the power button down for 10 seconds but neither worked.  It still will not charge.

Help please. 

Don

Quiet Contributor

I have exactly the same problem as speakerman. what gives? very frustrating.

When I plug in the micro-USB the light blinks three times and then goes out. the unit will not take a charge, and cannot "turn it on".

Hi @speakerman,

Thanks for posting. It looks like you've already tried some troubleshooting, I would recommend contacting your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hi @petertor ,

Sorry to hear about that. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps offered here and are still having an issue, I would recommend also contacting your local Bose support using the link provided above.

Hope that helped

Tony

Silent Starter

I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating. Have you managed to solve this problem?

Hey Delkhirzad,

I'm very sorry to hear that your Revolve is giving you trouble.  I'd like to try some troubleshooting here if we could.  I'm including steps below for a reset of the speaker, give this a shot.  

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

This reset will clear the paired list and default to factory settings so you will have to select a language as well.  If you're not able to perform the reset then I would suggest reaching out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support would be able to give you more information on your next steps here.

Please, keep us updated?

Good luck and enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Re: SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all.

I have the same problem on both of my Soundlink Revolve, purchased at different times from different vendors.  If power is less than 20% and red indicator is flashing, it refuses to charge.  Otherwise if it has 30% or more charge, it will then charge.  Sometimes after a day it starts charging.  But one of the two still refuses to charge.

Resetting by 10 second hold down of power makes no difference.

Also by holding down multifunction buttion 10 seconds makes not difference.

Friendly Fanatic

Re: SoundLink Revolve (small) will not charge at all.

OK, figured out the problem and fixed it.

I was using a Samsung phone power adaptor.  DO NOT USE ANY POWER ADAPTOR EXCEPT FOR BOSE.  They are not compatible.  The Samsung has a "fast charge mode" by increasing the voltage to 9V momentarily to test to see if the receiving device can handle 9V.  Samsung phones with this feature, can be charged fast at 9V (instead of the normal 5V).  When Bose Revolve detects that momentary 9V, it shuts itself down, and refuses to accept a charge, even though the Samsung adaptor is back at 5V.  So use its original wall power adaptor by Bose.