SoundTouch wireless link adapter - Connecting with SoundLink Mini and III

Animated Arbiter

SoundTouch wireless link adapter - Connecting with SoundLink Mini and III

Hi guys, need some help.

I bought a STwireless link adapter during my last trip to the US (I live in Brazil), because the guy at Best Buy was categorical that it would connect my old SounLink wireless speakers with my SoundTouch system (a 20 and 2 10s).

Well, I am no genius but I managed to connect the adapter with the SounTouchs, unfortunatelly I cannot say the same with the SounLinks.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help, nor if there was another question like mine, although I browsed the community.

Looking forward your comments.

Thank you

4 REPLIES

Re: SoundTouch wireless link adapter - Connecting with SoundLink Mini and III

Hello AnameiaBR,

Thank you for the post.

The best way to connect your SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to your SoundLink Mini would be to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm AUX cable and connect that to the Audio output on the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and into the AUX input on your SoundLink Mini. 

Once you have connected it to the AUX port, turn the SoundLink Mini on and select AUX and adjust the volume.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

Joel, thank you for your prompt answer.
The problem is that I boight the adapter because the guy said to me that I could connect the SoudLinks via BT.
I was hoping to find how to do it...
Am I mistaken?
Friendly Fanatic

Hi @AnameiaBR,

The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter is intended to add Non-Wifi or Older/Non-Bose Speakers to the SoundTouch ecosystem.

You can link them up via bluetooth Re-Broadcasting. So, start playing bluetooth audio on 1 device, and then add other speakers to form a group via the SoundTouch App. When you do so, the music may pause for a moment, to adjust delay and then will resume with all speakers in sync

As you own two SoundLink Speakers, you may need to purchase 1 more adapter as you can only use One SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter per additional speaker/system.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Hi AnameiaBR

@enthusiast is correct.  The SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter acts as a destination Bluetooth device vs something that would broadcast the signal like a mobile device.  I recommend following Joel's advice above, and you should be able to get them to sync with your SoundTouch products.

Warm Regards,

Tony A