DaveMarr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Soundlink Color II auto powers on after latest sofware update when Bluetooth on phone is activat

This is really crazy! Spent about an hour with phone rep doing resets and trying different things. Hopefully there will be a fix for this with an app update or a speaker update to reverse this unwanted feature.I wonder if the person who thought of this would like it if everytime they walked by the fridge, the doors would open. Or walk up to the sink and the water turns on, or enter the bathroom and the shower starts and the comode flushes. And you can't turn any of those functions off.

Might be a geat feature for some but for sure not most. Give us the option of on or off please!!

Dave

Blissful6393
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

Re: Soundlink Color II auto powers on after latest sofware update when Bluetooth on phone is activat

Adding to this discussion to get some action done. I am having this issue on my Soundlink 2 and Micro. 

Please address this 😞

Hello,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts here. We have a related discussion going on here as well and passed along your feedback in regards to wanting to be able to disable this feature. We will let you know if we have new information. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Hi MoSail,

This is the single most problematic issue about the Soundlink Color II. It's always turning on when one of its recognized Bluetooth devices turn on. And once it turns on and is connected to the Bluetooth device, it stays on. That turn off after designated time does not work if there's a valid Bluetooth connection. I always have to be aware and turn it off or it's out of power in a couple of hours after turning on automatically. I often turn it to the external hookup setting by pressing that third button from the left that disconnects it from Bluetooth without turning it off. That keeps it off, incidentally, when you physically turn it off while that button is engaged. But it's a kludge. There must be a better solution.
dmaziuk
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

Just adding on here, it's September 2018.  This has been driving me nuts for months, has anyone heard and update?

icee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

So that is why te battery is empting even tho the speacker is not used... Smiley LOL

Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Correct. If you want to have the SoundLink "Off", switch to "AUX" and turn it off. It will stay off.

Unfortunately for "best user experience" the last working firmware version is no longer available. Waiting ...

HermannS

funkstation
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

I have the same issue, and I would also like to say, that it is **bleep** annoying! Please make an update that fixes the problem!

Kind regards Rasmus Morgen