Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2017

Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

I got a Soundlink MIni II for Xmas.  Now it will not charge.  I checked that it has the latest firmware -- version 1.1.4.   I tried the reboot by pressing the middle button for ten seconds untill all the lights flashed and then unplugging it.  I also tried pressing down the power button until it reset.  I am using the USB cord that came in the box with the AC adapter that came with it.  I have tried several different outlets in my home.  I have tried using the charging base and also plugging the USB cable directly into the speaker.  Whatever I do, the battery is losing power and not recharging.  It is now down to twenty percent, and will soon be unusable.  Did I get a defective device?  Am I doing something wrong?  This is a very expensive piece of equipment to break down this way after three months of indoor use for a couple of hours a day.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

JohnR887

Thanks for the post. Sometimes power issues can be resolved by rebooting the processor

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button
  5. The system must be re-connected to power to complete reboot

If that doesn't work, we recommend reaching out to your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by JohnR887

I called support and since it was still under warranty it will be repaired at no charge to me.  Support emailed me a UPS shipping label and it should be done in three weeks or so,

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

JohnR887

Thanks for the post. Sometimes power issues can be resolved by rebooting the processor

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button
  5. The system must be re-connected to power to complete reboot

If that doesn't work, we recommend reaching out to your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by JohnR887

I called support and since it was still under warranty it will be repaired at no charge to me.  Support emailed me a UPS shipping label and it should be done in three weeks or so,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

• Thank you. This appears to have resolved my issue. When I tried to charge my battery before my speaker would beep, the light would blink blue, then amber twice and turn off. Now the amber charge light is continually blinking, It appears to be charging. I will check it when I get home from work and if it has not charged I will update this. Otherwise thank you in advance for your solution!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

It appears that I am also having this problem i.e. Soundlink ii mini will not charge. I tried the reboot suggested. Now the battery light is simply blinking red. It has been doing so for about 5-10 minutes.

How long should the reboot take?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Boethius,

Thanks for the post. The reboot should be quicker than that. We would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know if that helped.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

Your Soundlink ii Mini is really a technically impressive piece of junk. It is continually having issues. Charging issues. Randomly cutting out. I bought a Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz for $35, and while it doesn't sound quite as good, at least it works.

Please respond immediately with a solution.

Thank you,
Boethius
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Boethius Sorry, we can understand why you would be disappointed. We want you to get back to enjoying your music. Were you able to get in touch with Bose Support as previously recommended? Could you let us know how that went? We're here to help.

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2017

I did this step but my speaker still red light blinking. What will i do thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@AI83 Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that. If you are still seeing a flashing red light, we encourage you to contact your local Bose Support for available options.

Mohsin