Highlighted
Thomas M.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Soundlink Micro - Sound coming slightly from the right side of the device

Hello,

I was wondering if the strangely behavior of my speaker is normal or not. Actually, all sounds that coming from my speaker come slightly and more clearly from the right side of the device's grid. It's like the Micro have only one speaker inside and it's located on the right of the device. One simple example about that : I play music through my speaker and if I place my hand in front of the left side of the Micro, the sound is barely different, but if I place my hand in front of the right side (still while something is played) the sound seams a lot more muffled. So is the speaker designed this way or is it a flaw? This is very frustrating because it sounds like the sound doesn't come from the center of the Micro.

N.b. Despite that, the sound is pretty clear with some bass like it supposes to be. I already do a reset of the device but nothing change (plus my Micro is new).

Thanks in advance for your help,
Thomas M.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Re: Soundlink Micro - Sound coming slightly from the right side of the device

Author Accepted Answer selected by Thomas M.

Hi @Thomas M. 

This is how its meant to work. The main speaker is on the right side of the device and there are passive radiators for bass on the left as below:

SoundLink Micro Speaker & Passive Radiator

So dont worry it works as designed  Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your SoundLink Micro. This certainly sounds unusual. 

Could you please check for and install any available product updates. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com and follow the instruction to ensure your product has the latest feature and enhancements. 

I would also like you to try using a different source device so that we can ensure if the issue is definitely from the speaker. 

Get back to me once you have tried to two above steps, and if the problem persists, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Thomas M.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Hello,

I tried to use another device (an iPad, I previously used an Android smartphone) but the issue still occurs; actually, it occurs even before the Bluetooth connection with the voice prompt, so it seems to be that it's not a Bluetooth related problems. On both Bose Connect App (iOS and Android), the product is up-to-date and no updates are available.

I also want to say that my micro-usb cable included in the box is defective. When I used the product for the first time, I tried to plug-in the included cable but I couldn't plug it in at all (it's as something is blocking) ; I also tried to plug it in into another micro-usb device but it also blocked, so this issue comes surely from the cable. But I really don't know why my first issue occurs because my product is new, I don't drop it and I don't put it in the water neither.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Thomas M.

enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Thomas M.

Hi @Thomas M. 

This is how its meant to work. The main speaker is on the right side of the device and there are passive radiators for bass on the left as below:

SoundLink Micro Speaker & Passive Radiator

So dont worry it works as designed  Smiley Happy

Thomas M.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Oh okay! Thanks a lot for you reply @enthusiast !! I was very disappointed and dubious about that, I'm now a lot more reassured and I think I'll get use to it! 🙂

I was searching for a picture like this of the way this speaker is design for the entire day yesterday; but didn't find one.

Have a great day!

I'll mark your answer as "solution".