Andrew_M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Soundlink Mini Charging Issue

When I put my soundlink mini on the dock or plug the charger directly into the speaker it begins to charge and then almost immediately stops charging.  I have tried a factory reset as well as holding down the multiuse button for 15 seconds but neither of those options fixed the issue.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundlink Mini Charging Issue

Hello Andrew_M. Thank you for your comment and welcome to the Bose community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having this charging problem with your SoundLink Mini but I will do my utmost best to provide you with a solution. 

I would like to ask if you are using the proper Bose power cable? 

Also, have you removed your battery before? If yes, it may have not been reconnected securely. To check this: 

1. Gently place the speaker so the button panel rests against a flat, non-marring surface. Locate the pull indicator imprinted on the outside corner of the rubber foot.

2. With your finger and thumb on the pull indicator, gently pull the rubber foot up and away from the speaker. The foot should remain attached to the speaker only by its rubber tab, which is inserted into the speaker.

3. Using the supplied wrench, remove the four battery screws by turning the wrench counter-clockwise.

4. Pull the battery out of the speaker

5. Re-install the battery ensuring the connection is secure.

Give these above steps a try and if your issue still persists, please do get back to me!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support