Soundlink Mini II Plays music even when nothing playing from source

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundlink Mini II Plays music even when nothing playing from source

I use my Mini II to play music from my phone via blue tooth. Works great. When I hit pause or close the music app, music stops as expected. However, if I leave the bluetooth connected, a few moments later the mini starts playing a "Seasame Street" sounding jingle. Apparently it will play a couple. Plus the volume goes way up. Nothing is playing from my phone at this point.

Anyone have this happen and find a fix?

2 REPLIES

Re: Soundlink Mini II Plays music even when nothing playing from source

Hi freemaku,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! That is very unusual behavior. Is it possible that the speaker is also paired with a different device at the same time? So when you stop playing from your phone it begins to play from the other device?

Let's try clearing the memory from the speaker and re-pairing. 

To clear devices previously paired with the SoundLink speaker, follow these steps:

• Make sure the system is on
  • Press and hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds
  • A voice prompt (or tone) will indicate that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can be released
  • Remove the SoundLink from the source device's pairing list (refer to the manufacturer for instruction)

If you could please give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Re: Soundlink Mini II Plays music even when nothing playing from source

The mini wasn’t connected to any other device. I tried this and so far I think it has worked. Thanks.