Highlighted
FlyingAce2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Soundlink Mini II USB connection issue

Attempting to check for an update to my Soundlink Mini II speaker. When connected to my Windows 10 computer, the speaker fails to install. It is disabled by Windows and labeled as an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundlink Mini II USB connection issue

Hello flyingAce2013,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

We are sorry to hear about your update issue however to fix this you would have to:

• Connect the product to another USB port.
  • Disconnect other USB devices to allow the BOse system to install correctly.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince_O

FlyingAce2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I have attempted those suggestions multiple times. Still getting the same result regardless of which USB port I use and whether anything else is connected or installed. I have uninstalled the device from the Device Manager and it re-installs with the same issue every time. Windows cannot find a driver for the speaker. It only installs as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I also have an additional problem since attempting to connect to my computer. My speaker will not charge. Whether connected to my computer or it's USB power adapter, when plugged in, there is a beep to indicate connection, immediately followed by the beep to indicate disconnection.
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@FlyingAce2013  Which computer are you trying to connect to and who is the vendor for BT?  For example (I do not work for Bose), I have a Dell Precision M4800 laptop and it uses the Intel combined mini wifi/BT card.  The problem/issue is likely with the BT hardware (in my case Intel) and something ON THE COMPUTER (could be windows, could be the drivers, or even an application you have installed or updated that is impacting a file or registry entry also used by BT).  As much as I wanted last Fall to 'blame' Bose or Microsoft or Dell - they all passed the ball as trying to match my configuration would be nearly impossible.  They first asked I do a complete reinstall of windows and check out the QC35ii without any applications first to see if it was Windows or the Intel BT drivers.  I found a different solution.

See the last post of mine in:
https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/BOSE-QC35-II-to-Laptop-3-problems-no-solution...

FlyingAce2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I’m trying to connect via USB in order to update, not by BT to play sound.
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@FlyingAce2013If you are able to connect and play music/make calls, but just can't update the firmware - my discussion above may not apply to you.

In that case, the only option you have is the Bose Updater (since it is not supported by Bose Connect).  Just as a data point - I plugged my Mini II into my Dell Precision desktop - the USB did its thing and all the driver installs were successful. Went to btu.bose.com.  It immediately showed a page for the Mini II,  It said I was on Version 1.1.4 and there were no updates.

So my original point may still be valid - since mine works and yours does not, it is likely according to Bose that they will punt to either Microsoft (a "Windows problem") or your computer vendor (BT has nothing to do with this).