Chenna
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Soundlink Mini II not charging/won’t turn on

2 years old Soundlink Mini II won’t charge nor turn on. Connected it AC power and wall outlet and it only flash a yellow light for a second. Tried holding the multifunction button for 10 second and disconnecting from power does nothing but have a yellow battery light flashing. Contacted support and they quoted me $80 for repairs...that’s just ridiculous when I can grab another Bluetooth speaker for that price or less. Anyone got any suggestions or is this product now a paper weight?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink Mini II not charging/won’t turn on

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Mikepuig1978, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. I am so sorry that your first post is of a negative issue but would like to try and help you to fix the speaker not turning on. To start with can you please follow the instructions below to put the speaker into ship mode. 

Enabling Ship mode:
Entering Ship mode reboots the product but does not erase settings, like language selection or memory of paired Bluetooth® devices.

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet.
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds.
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Once the speaker is in ship mode can you please leave it to charge for a minimum of 1 hour. Once the speaker is charged please disable ship mode. 

Disabling Ship mode:

• To wake the product from Ship mode, reconnect it to a power outlet.

Once you have completed the following steps can you please go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and ensure your speaker is running on the latest firmware. I always like to recommend customers to complete a product reset once you have updated the speaker to give it a kick start back up and running. To do this, turn on your speaker, then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. I would like to make you aware that a reset clears all product settings, including Bluetooth® device memory and language selection, and returns the product to its original out-of-box state.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mikepuig1978
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2019

The problem I'm having is not from my end I have used it just a handful of times and now no power or anything why would I want to buy another one just to have the same problem. Bose is high priced junk you need to make it right because I'm not the only one with this problem. I will never spend all the money on bose again.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Mikepuig1978, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. I am so sorry that your first post is of a negative issue but would like to try and help you to fix the speaker not turning on. To start with can you please follow the instructions below to put the speaker into ship mode. 

Enabling Ship mode:
Entering Ship mode reboots the product but does not erase settings, like language selection or memory of paired Bluetooth® devices.

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet.
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds.
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Once the speaker is in ship mode can you please leave it to charge for a minimum of 1 hour. Once the speaker is charged please disable ship mode. 

Disabling Ship mode:

• To wake the product from Ship mode, reconnect it to a power outlet.

Once you have completed the following steps can you please go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and ensure your speaker is running on the latest firmware. I always like to recommend customers to complete a product reset once you have updated the speaker to give it a kick start back up and running. To do this, turn on your speaker, then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. I would like to make you aware that a reset clears all product settings, including Bluetooth® device memory and language selection, and returns the product to its original out-of-box state.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

View solution in original post

eskimoroll
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hi Vicky, there is something unclear about your instructions.

While putting it in shipping mode:

1) you say to pull out the power plug after 10 secs

2) then you say to let it charge...

How? ...we just unplugged it.

Because as soon as I plug it in to charge it wakes up from shipping mode.

What am I missing?

thanks

Hi Eskimoroll, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

What Vicky meant was to leave the speaker for an hour so that the speaker can fully drain itself of power and then reconnect the speaker to power, I am sorry that this was worded incorrectly. Shipping mode essentially drains the speaker of power and reboots the speaker's processor. If your issue is still persisting after this and the other troubleshooting steps that you have told us that you performed via your other thread then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please update us on the result of your call. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

eskimoroll
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Ok thank you. But after spending 2-3 hours trying to fix this and seeing all the unhappy posts requesting support regarding this and/or similar issues, I've cut my losses and bought another brand. good luck.