Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Soundlink Mini - red light blinking

I have a Soundlink Mini v1 that will not charge and constantly displays a red flashing light. 

Tried resetting it and have replaced the battery but it still displays the red light whilst charging and is totally unusable.

From reading all the other posts this is a known problem impacting these speakers. There's no point in getting me to reach out to customer support

as my unit is about 3 years old and way out of warranty.

These speakers should not be all failing so soon. What a waste of money.  

I'm only posting here to add another dissatisfied user to the growing list. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Re: Soundlink Mini - red light blinking

I have the same problem as you. From one day to another same problem happened. its a shame ill never buy a bose again

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello douver and alebormio,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your speaker. If you would like to, we definitely encourage you to contact your local Bose Support as there are service options even beyond the warranty period. A Bose representative will be happy to work with you and discuss what is available to you. 

Here is a link to get contact information if you need it. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Soundlink Mini - red light blinking.

I too have the same problem with Bose soundlink. RED LIGHT FLASHING.

My BOSE soundlink is 3 months out of warranty so i contacted Bose because this problem is all over the intenet Bose support want to charge me £69.they won't admit responsibilty. so i am in agreement i will never but anything Bose again and i will spred the word.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

Bose CS reps, I'm facing the same problem with my SoundLink Mini I (red light flashing - no charging). Reading this thread, I can say this is a factory problem. Given that, what is the solution given by the company? At this moment, I'm living in Sao Paulo, but the device was bought in New York (Rockfeller Center store - in nov 2015). Also, I may say that I'm not a heavy user, but still very upset with all the comments about this issue. Waiting for your prompt reply. Regards.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

I do have the sam problem, I've got my soundlink mini v1 for my bday about 3.5 years ago from my hubby.
In August I was in lake house and playing music in outdoor under shade, and it stopped playing.

I tried charging but its red flashing light and not turning on.

I let it sit for 2 months and I tried charging, and the power turns on with charger plugged and it connects to devices via bluetooth but no sounds comes out of speaker. Soon or later, the red flushing light comes.

I tried aux setting or with different devices and I tried this several times, but no luck.

I don't even know if it's worth contacting support, since seems like there are no solution.

Has anyone actually every got it fixed?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@Adrianachoi @ot,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty, but would be glad to help! Have you attempted to reset your speaker? You can do this with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly.
  2. Press the Power button to turn the system back on. 

Please let us know if this works for you! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Guys its problem with newer models too , no response or very delayed reponse from community admin (Mohsin) or support service.

My Soundlink Mini Link 2 is more than year old & out of warranty , started getting this problem from last couple of weeks ,same standard response on resetting the device that doesnt work.

I believe Bose as brand has started losing out on core values ,and coming down to level of cheap speakers, they should wake up before Bose becomes Blackberry or Nokia Case.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bhushan,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend reaching out to your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, kindly scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

of course tried, reset more than 100 times