Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfhiggins11
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Soundlink Mobile Speaker II Keeps Crashing

My Soundlink Mobile Speaker II (purchased 2013) crashes when first used (plugged or un plugged) when the battery is fully charged. Also, the battery indicator keeps turning yellow or red after 20 minutes of use, even if it is fully charged and the speaker continues to work hours later. How can I fix this? Considering Bose wants $85 for a new battery, I do not know how to proceed. 

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundlink Mobile Speaker II Keeps Crashing

Hello bfhiggins11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II.

My first recommendation would be to perform a reset on the speaker. This can be done by pressing and holding the mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset. (Note: Do not try to remove the battery).

Let me know if the issue persists after performing this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

bfhiggins11
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi, Charlotte - thank you. I tried the restart but it is still crashing. What else can I try to do to fix this?

Charlotte_G

Hi bfhiggins11,

Would it be able to test this using the AUX connection?

Also, I would recommend clearing the pairing list. This can be done by holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.

Then, on any previously connected devices, please forget/remove the speaker from the Bluetooth device list. Now try to reconnect.

Please get back to me with the results of this testing.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

bfhiggins11
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi, Charlotte - I tried this, including testing the aux cord connection, but I am still experiencing the same issue. Any further advice is greatly appreciated - thanks. 

Charlotte_G

Hello bfhiggins11,

Regrettably, we have exhausted the available troubleshooting steps. Therefore, the next option would be looking at servicing the speaker. This cannot be facilitated through the Bose Community.

Please reach back to your local customer service team in order to process this, if you wish.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G