pietervangool
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Soundlink Revolve Connect to TV

Can the Bose Soundlink Revolve and Revolve+ be connected to the TV?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink Revolve Connect to TV

Hi pietervangool,

This would depend on the TV which you are attempting to use with the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+.

The ideal connection would be if your TV supports analog audio out via either a headphone jack or the Red and White RCA jacks for Audio output. You can connect a physical cable from the analog audio output to the SoundLink Revolve's AUX input jack. If your TV only has digital audio out, you may need to purchase a digital to analog converter.

There are also a few TV's on the market which have Bluetooth Audio Output capabilities which would allow you to connect the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+ to the TV wirelessly. Having said that the synchronization between audio and video can be influenced by the type Bluetooth on the TV. The best performance will occur when wireless interference is minimized by keeping the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+ and the device in close proximity (less than 6 ft) with no objects between them.

Let us know if that helps answer your question! Thanks!

pietervangool
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by pietervangool
Thank you.
You totally understood my question and gave the detailed answer I needed to know. Made me decide buying the revolve. Thanks much 😄
6 REPLIES 6

Hi pietervangool,

This would depend on the TV which you are attempting to use with the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+.

The ideal connection would be if your TV supports analog audio out via either a headphone jack or the Red and White RCA jacks for Audio output. You can connect a physical cable from the analog audio output to the SoundLink Revolve's AUX input jack. If your TV only has digital audio out, you may need to purchase a digital to analog converter.

There are also a few TV's on the market which have Bluetooth Audio Output capabilities which would allow you to connect the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+ to the TV wirelessly. Having said that the synchronization between audio and video can be influenced by the type Bluetooth on the TV. The best performance will occur when wireless interference is minimized by keeping the SoundLink Revolve or Revolve+ and the device in close proximity (less than 6 ft) with no objects between them.

Let us know if that helps answer your question! Thanks!

pietervangool
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by pietervangool
Thank you.
You totally understood my question and gave the detailed answer I needed to know. Made me decide buying the revolve. Thanks much 😄
arunbvv
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Hey,

If I connect my Soundlink Revolve wirelessly through Bluetooth to my tv, is there any way to control the speaker volume? My tv remote does not work to control the volume.
Highlighted

Hi arunbvv,

Thanks for the question.  If you also have your smartphone connected to the SoundLink revolve, you might be able to change the volume with the Connect App.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon

surisharaf
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Hi Brandon,

I am also having the same question. I connected Bose revolve+ speaker with my smart tv. Can we have any option to control the volume with out connecting throw phone ?

Any remote kind so that we can adjust the volume with out connecting our mobile to the speaker ?

Thanks,

Suresh.

James_S
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

If a TV can transmit audio through bluetooth, it would need to also have the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) to send the volume commands to a bluetooth speaker to change its volume.