Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Revolve Plus Party Mode Pairing Problem

It is quite problematic and like y'all I have spent much time getting party and stereo mode to work both with the app and through the manual button approach.

What I found was clearing the list didn't help.  The only way to get it to work was (1) to do a factory reset on both Revolve's (10 seconds on power button) and (2) pairing only the first.  Then I could do party and stereo mode through the app to my iPhone 7+.  And also I could use the BT+, BT-, and BT+ to put the Revolves into stereo mode on my Dell Win7/64 laptop.

Apparant some setting got screwed up and the only way to get party and stereo modes to work is via a factory reset.

But there are still two things of note:
1. I still have the issue the neither Revolve is particularly loud when connected to my bluetooth laptop - a situation/issue much discussed elsewhere here.

2. And I have learnt that party mode only works for the A2DP profile (playing stereo music).  If you make a phone call and use Bluetooth HFP, even if you are in party/stereo mode, it will only play through the first speaker.  Don't you think it would be a good idea to let the user know of this situation if they intend to use party mode for a conference call?  (However, the single speaker playing will occur only using an HFP app so if you are interrupted by a  phone call, you go to one speaker and then when you finish and you back to A2DP, then it automatically switches back to party/stereo mode).

Highlighted
Pharmagenie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I have tried the factory reset on both the Resolve+ units I have.  (Let's label them "A" and "B" for brevity's sake.)  I have also attempted to get stereo/party mode from pairing Aonly  or pairing B only, from either my Sansung Note 9 or my Samsung Tab S4.  (Both are new devices with the latest bluetooth software.)  If I link only to A or only to B, then use the Bose App to attempt to connect the other unit to the first, this is what happens:

1. I can see Unit A in the Bose App - it is paired and connected.

2. I hit the double speaker icon to start party mode setup.

3. I can see in the App Unit B on top of connected Unit A with an indicator that I need to slide Unit B "down" onto Unit A to put them into party mode.

4. When I do this I get an audio message from Unit A tstating hat it has been disconnected from my phone/pad.  It then tells me it is reconnecting to same.

5. I then get a diagram popping up in the app telling me to hit the bluetooth button on Unit B to put it in pairing mode.

6. If I do as the App instructs, the App hangs waiting for the connection to be made.  Approx. 2 minutes later I get the "Whoops!" message saying things didn't work.

a. This is completely reproducible whether I start with Unit A or Unit B.

b. This is using two units purchased from the same store two days ago.

c. Factory reset does not change this outcome.

d. Clearing the bluetooth pairing list has no effect on this outcome.

Highlighted
aflashman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

I seem to recall I had to update the software on my speakers and to it do via some special updater software that I downloaded on my PC rather than via the phone app. Could be worth a try?

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I can identify with your situation.  Getting Party or Stereo mode either through the  Bose connect app or  through the buttons is quite problematic and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Heck for a couple of times yesterday it went into party mode and I have no idea what they were connected to - not any of my phone/computers.  Once a Revolve said it connected to the other Revolve instead of the phone or desktop/laptop.  And a whole bunch of times, I started getting connection in my bluetooth window from a second device with the text "LE" in front of it which I never paired.  Yes - that meant it 'connected' to the same device with two different entries and I could not get rid of the second entry until I turned the Revolve off.  I am assuming that second one had something to do with the Bluetooth Low Emission implementation of the Revolve.

And today, I noticed that yesterday I did a factory reset and defined the names of my revolves to "Revolve 1" and "Revolve 2".  Then I noticed in my iPhone bluetooth window it said "Bose Revolve Soundlink" twice and "Not Connected" even though the names were correct in the Bose Connect App.  I dragged down the first Revolve and it connected.  Now I have two "connected' devices in my iphone bluetooth list a "Bose Revolve Soundlink" with a "i" to the right and a "LE-Revolve 1" without an "i".  And amazingly after about 5 minutes in the list the "LE" entry just went away all by itself.  Now are we all confused enough?

But still - going into party and stereo mode through the Bose Connect app amazingly still works today!  🙂
Highlighted
MrRoberts
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Samsung Gear S3 smart watch which is paired via Bluetooth. I turned off "Call Audio" setting in the Bluetooth options for the S3 and this resolved the Party Mode issue. Stereo Mode works regardless. I suggest checking all your connected Bluetooth devices and disable Call Audio.
Highlighted
DT!
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

I was finally able to get Party Mode to consistently work through the app connected to my iPhone 7+ and two Revolve+ speakers.

The process I've followed is:

1.  Factory reset both speakers

2.  Pair speaker 1 to iPhone.  Don't pair it to any other device

3. Leave speaker 2 unconnected to any bluetooth device

4. Power both speakers on

5. After you hear that speaker 1 is connected to iPhone (and can hear music playing through it) start the Bose Connect app.  You should hear speaker 2 saying "ready to connect"

6. When you see speaker 1 appear on the App, press the party mode icon

7. Continue to the connect to another speaker screen

8. You should see speaker 2 over speaker 1 - drag it to speaker 1 to connect

9. Sound should pause for about 3 seconds then you hear "Party Mode".  It is then easy to switch between stereo and party mode

Minimizing the bluetooth connections to the speakers seems to be the key.  Party Mode wouldn't activate when a friend had an iPhone paired to speaker 2, even though it was not connected.

Next up....try connecting with my Microsoft Surface and get Party Mode going using the manual approach.

Topolina
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 27, 2019

The bose connect app is real bull**bleep**.
But with this advice I was able to connect it within 1 minute. I tried hours/days before with the app and several phones /ipad....

Incredible that they do not make the app work.

Thank you for your help where bose is not able to help.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi DT!,

Thanks for the great advice! I am sure it will help a lot of users.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
aflashman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

I don't know if there is a special forum for feature requests, one feature I would like to see Bose adopt for the Revolve and the Revolve Plus is an option for two Revolves to immediately connect in Stereo/Party mode. It's such a hassle having to turn on both speakers, then open the app, choose party mode, then wait for the app to find the other speaker and connect it etc. UE Boom has a feature where once you put two speakers into Stereo/Party mode you can lock them in that mode permanently. So all you have to do is turn on both speakers, and voila they are in Stereo. I wish Bose would implement this feature.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi aflashman,

Thanks for the post, and welcome!

You can request features right here on the community.  I'll forward this up to the software team!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support