skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Re: Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

I cannot figure out how to get the speakers into Party Mode consistently.  The app is a dismal failure!  I error screen after error screen of "WHOOPS. . . Something happened and Bose Revolve disconnected" or "WHOOPS... Something happened and we could not create a party mode."  I am using an iPhone 6s with iOS 10.3.2.  The phone and the two speakers are just a couple of feet apart.  The app is just a frustrating annoyance.  When I try the "manual" mode, I press bluetooth and + on one speaker, wait for the voice prompt and then, on the second speaker, hold the bluetooth and minus bottons until I hear a tone (actually, it's two tones) and wait 10 seconds, per the instructions.  Nothing.  If I power cycle both speakers and try this over and over and over and over again, eventually, after a few minutes, I just MIGHT be able to get them into party mode.  The transition to stereo mode is then quite easy.  I also keep switching which speaker is the one on whicn I prese bluetooth and + and which is the "second" speaker, but to no avail.  What is the procedure to get into party mode consistently and in under twn minutes??  This makes these speakers look pretty stupid to my friends!

Agent AA1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Im having the same issue. I was able to connect it but the history seems to cause an issue. The only way I can repair is if I delete the history in the App in the party mode region and then reset blutooth settings on the phone and speaker. And still it takes a few tries. I cant seem to figure out what Im doing wrong as I have tried everything.

fineboi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 17, 2017

TBH im starting to think it's a defective product. Im almost to the point of calling in and having replacements sent out but was hoping that it would be a software issue that they could fix with an update. It's disheartening as its the main reason I bought two of them.

QC35, Rovolve, Revolve +
pickemtowin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2017

I tried in vain to enter party mode from my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.  So I gave up and tried to go to party mode from my iPad Pro - first try, no issues, it went right into party mode.  Bummer that it doesn't work from a brand new Galaxy phone, but at least I had an easy work around.  The sound is good, but I am glad that I bought Sonos Speakers for throughout my house.  The Sonos software BLOWS away the Bose app.  Sonos is superior in every way; too bad Sonos doesn't make outdoor suitable portable speakers! 

Hi,

Thanks for posting. We would recommend updating both the Bose connect app and the firmware on your Revolve speakers as it looks like party mode issues has been addressed. Here is a post that discusses the updated Bose connect app.

The latest firmware version on the Revolve and the Revolve+ should be 1.1.8

Hope that helped

Tony

holmsi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Hi Tony,

I can't speak for others, but I'm running FW 1.1.8 and the app version is 4.2.0 running on an iPhone 6S Plus or iPad Pro both running iOS 10.3.2. The problems getting into Party or Stereo mode are quite persistent.

I have found that if I reset one of the speakers back to factory settings, never pair that speaker to any other device and only ever initiate party mode from the other speaker I can get it to work fairly quickly. But then I'm left with only one speaker I can pair to my phone!

Hopefully a future update will improve the situation?

James

fineboi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Doesn't work, software is defective. Thanks... I'm hoping that an apology is issued and issue is quickly fixed.
roverone
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

I agree -- it is the opposite of "just works" to get my Revolve + speakers into Party Mode from my iPhone -- latestest firmware on the speakers, latest version of the App, and up-to-date iOS.  I have never once been able to go into Party Mode without requireing the speakers to be reset.  Even if the last way they were used was with Party Mode.  It is an embarrasment to a good-soundign product to be so extremely difficult to operate.  This needs to be a top priority to fix, or a precise step-by-step guide must be provideded to let us know what order to power up in and how to make it work -- surely this is also happening to you in your test lab.  If not, tell us what you are doing to make it consistently work.

Highlighted
skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Though I have received a number of suggestions from Bose, none of them have helped with the problem.  Including the suggestion that I update the app on my iPhone.  The app is still nothing more than frustrating.  For example, when I start up the app, I get "On your new device's bluetooth device list, please select "Revolve..."  This makes no sense at all.  Both of the speakers are already linked to all of my family's iPhones.  If I "X" that out, then I get "Don't See Your Product?" while both speakers are about a foot from the iPhone and turned on.  If I manage to get to the screen with the tiny icon to enter party mode and I click on it, I eventually get the "W H O O P S ... Something happened and Revolve disconnected".  It just goes around and around.  The app is os NO VALUE IN GETTING THE SPEAKERS INTO PARTY MODE.  And it is a hideously frustrating waste of time. 

Someone at Bose really needs to clean up this silliness.  This could be a nice feature, but getting it to work is so painful and frustrating as to be completely absurd.  PLEASE PRODUCE AN UPDATE THAT ACTUALLY GETS THIS TO WORK PROPERLY.  Yes, I'm shouting.  I'm really getting frustrated.  For well over $600, and from Bose, I really expected these to work.  If these were some Chinese knockoffs that cost under $59, I might have expected this.  But not from Bose.  This is horribly disappointing.

I already posted one youtube video of these speakers' inability to go into party mode.  
How many more should I post to get this fixed?
Despite software updates, being fully charged and near my iPhone 6s, my second Bose Revolve+ speaker fails to go into party mode. Every time I try, it fails in a different way. Sometimes no beeps from the second speaker, sometimes the beeps but nothing thereafter; most often it is a spoken error ...
skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

I have updated the app on all iPhones.  And, now, it's even more difficult to get my two Bose Revolve+ speakers into Party mode.  This is the fourth of July weekend. I have had a number of guests visiting.  I have over, and over and over again attempted to put these speakers into Party Mode.  I have challenged my guests to do the same.  Many of them even read the manual pages about how to do this.  But no one, not a single person, was able to get these speakers into Party Mode.  Here's a video of a recent attempt:  https://youtu.be/C5Dp4_Pa8uI

It would be most helpful if Bose could produce a software update for these speakers to fix this problem.  Or, please replace them with ones that actually work.

Thanks!