Ricch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

I recently got a pair of Revolve Plus Speakers from Bestbuy Canada. I have no problems pairing my Samsung S7 edge or my computer with anyone of them but I have a problem getting the 2 speakers to work together via party mode. I tried doing it thru the app and manually but it wouldnt go into party mode.

Here's a list of things Ive tried so far:

Cleared both speakers bluetooth device list

Reset the speakers by pressing power button for 10 seconds until voice prompt comes on asking me to choose english and holding multi function keys.

Went to bose update site and says I have the latest firmware which is 1.1.6. Also tried reverting back to an older firmware version ( by pressing a,d,v up botton, and down button) but there was no option for that. Only firmware version available was 1.1.6.

Was able to get the party mode working briefly with my samsung phone yesterday but the whole problem started when I tried to to get the speakers to do party mode with my computer which by the way runs on Windows 10 pro. There were no problems getting the computer to pair and work with one speaker but when I tried to pair both speakers for party mode manually, the sound will suddenly come out of the computer speakers and not the bos revolve plus anymore. Upon checking the bluetooth connection on my computer also, it just says the computer is just connected to the revolve on voice instead of music and voice. 

Have no way of returning the speakers now because brought the speakers back with me when I returned to Manila. Tried chatting with a technical staff on the bose website and the person told me to contact bose service center here. I called them this morning but they werent able to help me since they said the revolve line will not be released here until August and they dont know anything about it.

I am inclined to think this is just a software issue because I was able to get it to work yesterday. It was only when I turned off the speakers and turned them back on, it wouldnt go into party mode whether I do it thru the app or manually. Anyway, hope someone from bose or someone here has a solution for this. Will save me a lot of trouble to send back the speakers to Canada.

Thanks in advance. 

116 REPLIES 116
Ricch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Bose Revolve Plus Party Mode Pairing Problem

I have a pair of Bose Revolve Plus that refuses to go into party mode whether I try to connect it via the app or manually.....I have no problem connecting them each individually to my smart phone or my computer but  cant get them to work together. I just recently bought them online from bestbuy Canada but I brought the units here with me to the Philippines and I cant get them working. I contacted the bose service center here and they told me that the unit is not available here yet and they have no idea how to fix it. Tried chatting with the customer service rep last night on this site and he told me to contact the bose service center here which I did. Anyway I feel it must be a software issue since Im able to connect them each individually without any problem. Its getting the two speakers to work together thats the problem. 

Here are the things Ive tried so far:

Cleared the bluettooth device list

Resetting each of the unit.

Tried to update the unit and it says its up to date. 

Tried to revert to the old sofware using the a,d,v, up button, and down button but the only firmware version available is 1.1.6 which is what I have on both units

I think it must be a software glitch since I can connect to each individual unit seamlessly. Is there anything else I can do here? Please help. Have no way of sending the units back to Canada now for replacement. 

By the way, was able to do it briefly yesterday using my Samsung S7 edge and then when I tried to get the speakers to work in party mode with my computer. Thats when the whole problem started. My computer is running on Windows 10 pro by the way if that helps. Also, on the computer when I try to connect 1 unit to it was able to play music on the speaker but once I try to pair it with the other speaker manually to party mode, the sound stopped coming out of the speakers and instead came out of the computer speaker and when I checked the bluetooth connection on my computer, it just says connected to voice on revolve instead of voice and music. 

Ricch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Re: Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

Was able to find the solution myself so I thought Id just post it for the next person who will experience the same problem. Turns out the solution is just to press the multi funstion button until all the led lights flashes then the speakers were able to pair in party mode or stereo mode already. I still couldnt get the party mode to work with my laptop but at least I was able to get it to work on my phone already. Hope bose comes up with a solution the party mode to work with Windows or Mac laptops.

Ricch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

To those of you who are interested.....The speakers' party and stereo mode feature would work with a MAC laptop running on OSX or a PC running on Windows 8 or probably below by just manually pairing both computers to the computer. However, the problem is getting the party mode to work on a Winows 10 Pro. I did discover a hack that would enable the speakers' party and stereo mode to work on a PC running on Windows 10. 

1st off...Pair one speaker to the computer first and from the bose app on your smartphone, pair the same speaker to the smartphone. Check the bose app under connections, make sure both the computer and the smartphone are connected to the speaker at the same time. Then, disconnect the smartphone to the speaker using the bose app. Then manually do the steps to engage the both speakers to party mode or to stereo mode. This should work.  

Re: Bose Revolve Plus Party Mode Pairing Problem

Ricch

Thanks for the post. Congratulations on your new Revolves! We are glad you found an answer to your issue. We appreciate all of troubleshooting and work you put into finding a solution to your problem. Come back and let us know how you like to use them.

Tony

Julian
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve Plus Party Mode Pairing Problem

@Tony_G wrote:

Ricch

Thanks for the post. Congratulations on your new Revolves! We are glad you found an answer to your issue. We appreciate all of troubleshooting and work you put into finding a solution to your problem. Come back and let us know how you like to use them.

Tony

What the hell kind of a  pass the buck reply is that  ?  He said there's an ongoing problem in not being able to access Party Mode with a PC. And you're "congratulating him" on "finding a solution to his problem"???  No, he did NOT find a solution to his   problem , except by connecting to his I Phone and you're conveniently  ignoring that.

I have proven, beyond any reasonable   doubt, with  extensive testing , at least a hundred times,  of three different pairs of Revolve+ speakers that you CANNOT CONNECT MANUALLY IN PARTY MODE , with the buttons without extreme difficulty and trying over and over and over and over again in differenet ways each time. The very simple directions do NOT work ! I've done it but it's insanely difficult and is a matter of pure trial and error and never works the same way twice without manhy tries. .And, I guarantee you that I've tried more than the ones on your site. Oh , excuse me, I didn't try the instruction to "download the Connect App". And do you know WHY I didn't? BECAUSE I OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A SMART PHONE !!! duh and double duh! That is precisely why the so-called "developers" created the Manual Mode abily in the first place, but never tested it. And this is now a known issue with at least one tech support agent. The ONLY agents who say they've done it, manually, "sometimes", or even twice in a row, were NOT connecting to a PC at all , but to their smart phones ! How stupid can these tech agents be??? If they have a smart phone, they should be using the Connect App in the first place. Yes it certainy  works with the App, according to video reviewers .  And if they'r going to test doing it manually you don't do it with a smart phone, you do it with a PC, which is what it's designed to work with - expept it doesn't.

I have reported this probably well over a dozen times and there still is no update from your develpers, who  clearly didn't beta test this product . Six hunderd dollars plus tax for nothing. but waiting, wiating and more waiting, because your  goddamn "devolopers" know nothing about how to properly beta test anyting but the sound . After the voice prompts , with a long delay in hearing "Party Mode", they both default to the PC speakers. And even the speaker that was connected, no longer remains connected. Yes, Tony, the sound quality is nothing short of AWESOME ! But what good is that if I can't use both speakers in Party and Stereo Modes? The only reason I didn't return one of the most recent one I'm testing, , is that  a Manager and other agents  keep promising me an "update". I won't hold my breath. 

There is also a known issue with a audio sync delay on videos, with all six of the speakers I've tested ocnnecting indidvidually. One girl on Amazon returned her Revolve+ and refused to buy it until that issue is fixed. She's been a Bose user for ten years, and said she thought "those early Soundlink audio delay problems were over ".  

fineboi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 17, 2017

I have tried this and it just starts Siri on my phone.  Its very frustrating as it takes me 30 - 40 mins to get into stereo mode.  The app does not work well.  I have never been able to manually get into stereo mode.  I've been on the phone with customer service but the device is so new that their only solution is to send me new ones.  BTW I am using a Revolve and Revolve + when I try to pair in stereo mode. 

Ricch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

While the speakers are off, press and hold the multi-function button for about 10 secs until all the LEDS blinks simultaneously and see if that will solve your pairing problem. It did on mine. Then turn on the speakers again and see if they will pair. Thats what I did on mine. Hope it helps

fineboi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Thanks... I was unable to pair manually after the soft reset but I was able to get it pair ed with Bose connect under 15 mins vs 30 mins 

holmsi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Also struggling with this with firmware 1.1.8 on my Revolve and Revolve+. I've tried starting the pair from my iPhone, on the speakers, the iPad, it always seems to take many attempts and lots of turning things on/off, waiting for things to time out, turning Bluetooth off/on etc. to get the speakers paired. 

After several minutes of hassle I usually get them paired and they sound great. Unfortunately, they don't seem to remember the pairing so you have to go through it all again the next day! It's infuriating! Bose, please sort it out.