Roninvault
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

Re: Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

I-Phone to PC. Bose Revolve+ Soundlink Set-Up.

After some long hours, I'm finally able to set-up the party mode on my Pc with my 2 Revolve + speakers.
1st paired your speakers on your phone per manual using the app for the set-up once Party Mode is set-up on your phone,
press your left speaker Bluetooth button an announcement comes on Ignore it telling you your bose speakers are unlink Ignore it.
Now your Right speaker Bluetooth button should be blinking, now go to your pc bluetooth settings and click on Bluetooth & Other Devices
an Pair your 1st speaker (R) with pc. Next Shut off the Left speaker then turn on again press the Bluetooth button
an once again go to the Bluetooth & Other Devices and pair your Left speaker to your Pc.
Once that is done Press the Bluetooth an the + button simultaneously on Left Speaker in order to set up Party Mode then on the Right speaker
press the Bluetooth an the - button simultaneously and it will paired both speakers to Party Mode it takes a few momments to paired be patience.
Then just sit back and smile and Enjoy your paired Revolve + speakers. I hope this helps anyone out there, it has works over 10 times without any problems for me.

Regards,
Roninvault.

P.S. Make sure your Speakers are Removed from your Pc before starting the Set-Up instructions. I also have the instructions for the IPad Set-Up. I will Posted after this post...

Roninvault
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

IPhone To Pc   Bose Revolve+ Soundlink Set-Up.

After some long hours, I'm finally able to set-up the party mode on my Pc with my 2 Revolve + speakers.
1st paired your speakers on your phone per manual using the app for the set-up once Party Mode is set-up on your phone,
press your left speaker Bluetooth button an announcement comes on Ignore it telling you your bose speakers are unlink Ignore it.
Now your Right speaker Bluetooth button should be blinking, now go to your pc bluetooth settings and click on Bluetooth & Other Devices
an Pair your 1st speaker (R) with pc. Next Shut off the Left speaker then turn on again press the Bluetooth button
an once again go to the Bluetooth & Other Devices and pair your Left speaker to your Pc.
Once that is done Press the Bluetooth an the + button simultaneously on Left Speaker in order to set up Party Mode then on the Right speaker
press the Bluetooth an the - button simultaneously and it will paired both speakers to Party Mode it takes a few momments to paired be patience.
Then just sit back and smile and Enjoy your paired Revolve + speakers. I hope this helps anyone out there, it has works over 10 timeswithout any problems for me.

Regards,
Roninvault.

P.S. Make sure your Speakers are Removed from your Pc before starting the Set-Up instructions.

I-Pad to PC Bose Revolve + Set-Up.

After another long hours session sucess follow Instructions below.
1st Set-Up your Revolve + Party Mode on your I-Pad per Manual, Then Press the Bluetooth button
on your Right Speaker a announcement comes on telling you your Party Mode is off, Ignored it.
The Left speaker Bluetooth button should be blinking go to your Bluetooth & Other Devices on your PC and pair the
L speaker once that is done, Shut Off the Right speaker and turn on again press the Bluetooth button and once again
set-up the Right Speaker to your PC by going to the Bluetooth & Other Devices option once that is completed.
Press the Bluetooth and + Sign simultaneously on your Right Speaker in order enter Party Mode set-up,
Press the Left Speaker Bluetooth and - button simultaneously to complete the set-up in party mode.
Be patience the set up takes a few seconds. I have tried this method 10 times and it has work erverytime for me.
I hope this help anyone out there. Now Sit Back & Smile and Enjoy your Music with your 2 Revolve + Speakers connected to your PC.

Regards,
Roninvault.

P.S. Make sure your speakers are removed from your pc menu before following the instructions.

danny1010
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

I agree that Bose should fix/make Party Mode much more user friendly, but with a lot of trial and error, I've figured a way to get Party Mode to work consistenly on two Revolve+'s.

1. First, make sure only one of the Revolves is known to your source device.  At least using an iPhone, having both Revolves connected plays from one or the other, but not both.  You may need to 'forget' one of the speakers.
  2. Shut down any instances of the Bose Connect App you have running on any device within range.  If you have another source device (another phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) connected to the speaker and the Bose Connect App running there too, it's consistently caused confusion for the speaker.  It's best to have only one instance of Bose Connect running.
  3. Start a clean load of the Bose Connect App on the source device.
  4. Wait/confirm that the first speaker is connected via the Bose Connect App.
  5. Turn on second speaker and get it to pairing mode.  Make sure it does NOT connect to any device.  You may need to hold down bluetooth button to get to drop all other devices and go to pairing mode.  Note:  This is why it's easier to keep the second revolve "unknown" to your source device(s) as discussed in Step 1.
  6. In Bose Connect App, click on Party Mode button... click 'Find a Speaker'.  If the first speaker was connected to another device besides your source device, you may hear a '[Device] disconnected' message.  Ignore it.  No action needed if it does. Drag the top speaker downward in the animation to get to the 'Connecting' screen.  Now wait.  Sometimes this can take 15 seconds or so.
  7. Hopefully, you'll get the confirmation for Party Mode at this time.  If not, you may need to restart from Step 5 and power cycling the second speaker.
  8. If you happen to lose the connection to the first speaker, you'll need to restart from Step 2.

Again, this is what I've figured out personally, so I'm not sure how well it'll work for others, but figured I'd at least share.

Thomas22
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 6, 2017

This worked for me!  Turn them both off, hold the multi-function button until all the lights light up, then pair in party mode.  There seems to be a slight delay in one of the speakers in Party Mode, so I just switched to Stereo and it sounds great!

Roninvault
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

Thank You for the response guys...

skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Danny1010,

Thanks!  The process you detailed does often work.  It may take a few tries, but I can eventually get the second speaker connected.  However, it is very frustrating in that it means that I have to not only press and hold the Bluetooth button to forget all other devices, but I have to go to EACH of those other devices and delete this particular Revolve+ from the Bluetooth devices list. (Or it won't pair when you later attempt to re-pair it to a device.)  Since both speakers come up with the same name when being paired, it is often difficult to know which instance of "Bose Revolve+" it is that I need to delete on each iPhone.  

When I purchased these two speakers, the expectation was that various family members would be able to use the two speakers individually.  But, if we can agree on a single source of music (and we're in the same locale) that we'd use party mode/stereo mode.  So, this solution is a hideous pain-in-the-neck.  It means that any time that any of us want to use party mode/stereo mode, we have to delete everyone else's paired devices.  Now, when any of us want to use one of the speakers individually, we almost always have to pair our own device to it.  What a stupid situation!  This is what Bose expects????  This is absolutely idiotic! BOSE REALLY NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!  At $600 for a pair of these speakers, their operation should be A LOT smoother and less buggy that this!

skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Thomas22,

When you say "pair in party mode" what exactly do you mean?  Also, I do not see anything in the manual about holding down the multifunction button until all lights blink.  What does this do?  How does this differ from the full reset that results from holding down the power button?  How does this differ from holding down the Bluetooth button until all devices are unpaired?  

If I hold down the Bluetooth button on both speakers, the Revolve+ speakers forget all devices with which they have been paired.  I then have to go to each device and delete the entry for each of the speakers from the list of Bluetooth devices.  Then, I must pair one of them to the desired stereo source.  Only then can I use either the app or Bluetooth+ / Bluetooth- to get into party mode and then stereo mode. (And it's still flakey and takes a few tries to get this to work!)  Is there any simpler way to get them into party mode that doesn't entail forcing the second speaker to forget all spource devices?

twapilot
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2017

This is really a shame.  We had a beautiful deck and patio put in our back yard and made it our escape. Instead of hard wiring outdoor speakers we tested the Revovle Plus in stereo mode and were so thrilled with the sound.  The idea that we could charge them on the bases and not have to fiddle with cords was the final selling point. Now that the project is complete and the ability to burry the wires under the patio no longer exist, we are furious we bought these portable speakers because they NEVER pair in either party/stero mode.  Even if you can eventually get them to afer 30 minutes of trying.....what's the point?  I have a pair of outdoor ion speakers that pair together EVERYTIME without fail.  Taking these back today.

twapilot

Very sorry to hear about that. We will DM you to assist.

Tony

skier77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Tony,

On July 11, Bose support agreed to replace my two Bose Revolve+ speakers.  However, they have never sent me the UPS label to return them.  I have called three times to point this out, and still don't have the return label.  Each time, I'm told that it will take "up to 48 hours" to have the label sent to me.  And... NOTHING! (And, yes, I've checked my "junk" email folder.)  It's now been two weeks.

Then, this past Saturday, I was not able to pair my iPhone 6s to either of my Bose Revolve+ speakers.  I have found that the only way to be able to get into Party Mode is to start with both speakers completely reset, then paid a single iPhone to one speaker, then try repeatedly to get the second speaker to accept party mode.  This has usually worked after about four to ten tries.  However, this past Saturday, July 2, 2017, I could not get my iPhone to pair to EITHER Revolve+ speaker.  I even deleted ALL bluetooth devices from the iPhone, re-booted the iPhone, reset each speaker repeatedly.  The only way I was able to use the Revolve+ speakers was by using a 3.5 mm cable from my iPhone 6s to one Revolve+ speaker.

I am exceptionally dissappointed by this experience.  I have been using Bose products for about 30 years.  I have always been very pleased with their operation, sound quality and Bose support.  But, sadly, no longer.  I see that the Bose store in the Bridgewater Commons mall is now closed.  If my experience with the Revolve speakers is any indication as to where Bose quality has gone, it should not surprise me that this store closed.  This is just a terrible shame to drive the Bose name and history into the mud by selling products that don't work as advertised or as explained in the manual -- and then having bad support to top it off.  I am really saddened by this experience.