Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

I'm trying to pair my ipod nano with my new Soundlink Revolve speaker and can't get it to work.  The ipod is located about 3 inches from the speaker so proximity is not the issue.  The Revolve speaker is on and the voice prompt is on.  I have pressed the Bluetooth button on the speaker and the voice prompt is telling me that the speaker is ready to pair with a new device.  It repeats this a number of times.  When I press the Bluetooth icon on the ipod the message tells me that the speaker is not turned or is out of range.  Neither of these conditions are true.  There are no other Bluetooth device around to interfere.  I'd prefer not to do factory resets on either the ipod or the speaker as this is not something I want to do all the time.  I have tried pairing the two about 50 times now with no success.  I have googled the problem and got no insights.  I have read a number of posts on the Bose community support board and have seen other people have similar problems but got no ideas.    I have a number of Bluetooth devices and have been using Bluetooth for a number of years now.  I've had issues pairing devices in the past but nothing I couldn't figure out in 10 minutes or so.  This one has me baffled. Do I have a bad unit?  Do I not understand how this works?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem

simonicus

That's an interesting one. A few questions, could you please verify what iPod Nano you have? According to this post on Apples forum, some Nanos require a Bluetooth adapter to work properly.

Have you ever paired a Bluetooth speaker or headset to your Nano properly? Also, would it be possible for you to try pairing the speaker to another mobile device for troubleshooting purposes?

Sorry for all the questions, just the more information we have the easier it would be to assist.

Please come back and let us know

Tony