Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

My revolve+ like many others turns on by itself and the volume buttons on the unit do not work when connected to my laptop.

My query is, do Bose have any intention of fixing these problems and if so, WHEN?

4 REPLIES

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Hello caveman1949!

Thank you for reaching out to the community. We are aware of the feedback in regards to wanting to disable this feature. We do not have any update, but we will let you know if we get any new information. 

I also saw that you were having an issue with the volume button when paired with your laptop. I actually use a Revolve Plus here on my desk, and most of the time it's connected to a Window 10 machine. Volume buttons seem to work fine. What applications have you tested, and what OS are you running? 

Let me know when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for your emails Moshin

I use Win 10 and the volume buttons do not work which seems to be the same with many other users and with many other devices, not just laptops. We also have two mackbook air which work ok as does my mobile phone.

The random turning on is REAL intrusive and Bose have offered to credit it but that sounds like a radical option but doesn’t provide a solution and leaves me without a speaker, why not just fix it and why the delay?

I would just like a simple answer to my original question which was, do Bose intend to fix the problems?  Why put volume buttons on a speaker if they can’t be used and why force random intrusive startups on the user?

If there is no intention to fix these problems then the decision of shall I return it or not has been made for me by Bose.

Regards

Steve

@caveman1949 thank you for the follow-up. The device has to be compatible with AVCRP(Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) or the volume buttons will be fixed.  

To clarify, we enabled a feature that allows any previously connected speaker to be powered on remotely via the Connect app. This feature is primarily intended for ease of use when creating a stereo or party mode pairing, but will also work when you drag to connect any compatible speaker within the app. 

We hear your feedback on this and will provide an update of any new information. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

Friendly Fanatic

My Revolve Plus is having the 02 exact same problems:

+ Volume button does not work most often and in rare occation when it works it would requires a large number of pressing in order to increase/decrease a tiny bit of volume

+ It turns itself on regularly without any reason when I connect to my Windows 10 laptop. The only way to stop it is to remove device connection from Windows 10