Miy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2018

Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

My Revolve + is randomly turning on!  Please help me!

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Hi Miy,

Thanks for posting. We did answer this post here. 

Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Where we responded with,

"Thank you for reaching out.  In the most recent update, we enabled a feature that allows any previously connected speaker to be powered on remotely via the Connect app.  This feature is primarily intended for ease of use when creating a stereo or party mode pairing, but will also work when you drag to connect any compatible speaker within the app."

We hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

mili
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Tony and thanks for replying!  I have looked at the post your referred to and didn't find a step by step explanation on how to disabled this feature.  Actually, there was a solution involving installing an old firmware but the required version isn’t available on your site anymore.

kenwood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I'm experiencing the same issue.
Very annoying.
Dear Bose, please fix this behaviour.

Hello All,

Thank you for posts

We're currently investigating this issue. Once we have more information we'll share it with the community.

A workaround, for the time being, is to turn off Bluetooth on your devices that have a connection with the speakers as this is a feature of BLE communication.

Best Regards,

Joel 

mili
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi Joel,

I know you are working on a way to fix the issue but would it be possible to just disable the feature in the mean time?

Thanks!

fcorbeil
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

I second that!

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

There is another reason for it to turn on by itself - it's called Bluetooth Low Emission (BLE).  In the case of the revolve (and I have two of them), as far as I can tell, if you power on a device (in my case a Dell laptop), that the revolve is paired with, the revolve will also turn itself on.  I do not believe there is any way to prevent it (if there is, can someone please enlighten me).  I have not done extensive testing to see if there are any other cases where the revolve turns itself on.  For example, I have paired a revolve with my iphone 7+ and the revolve will not turn itself on if I power on the iphone.   This turning itself on behavior is different from the turning on issues people are experiencing due to BLE with Bose QC 35 or Soundsports.

Hekonu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

On my side the problem occurs with computers running Windows 10.  When they get back from sleep mode to get their updates.  Bose Revolve + should only wake up if noise is present on Bluetooth!

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Seeing the same problem with my Revolve.  It will turn itself on any time a computer it is paired with turns on or wakes up.  There is nothing wrong with the Revolve hardware.  It happens due to the way Bose has implemented Bluetooth Low Emission (BLE) within the firmware.  I have not found a simple workaround other than to either (1) turn off the Revolve when it turns on or (2) unpair it from the  computer.  It is not  restricted to Windows 10 - mine happens with Windows 7/64.  At least you hear a voice coming from the Revolve so you know it turned on.  There is a slightly different issue with the QC 35 i headphones which will also turn on but it is for them more significant since they turn on without anything else happening and you don't know they are on unless you look at them.

Bose has heard me talk about this issue but I don't believe they have any commitment to change the behavior for a future firmware implementation.