Sassenach
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2017

Soundlink Revolve firmware is not updating

Hi Team,

I have bought Soundlink Revolve (in France) in June while I was on holiday and now that I am back home with a decent connection to the Internet, I tried to update the firmware to version 1.1.8. I installed the Bose software Updater as required and then, it says that "A file required for the Bose Updater to continue could not be loaded. Please try again later." and that I have to contact tech support. In tried multiple times and I always get the same answer and no update loading. Please help me to resolve the problem. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundlink Revolve firmware is not updating

Hey Sassenach,

We appreciate that you have reached out. We're super excited about those speakers and we can definitely help so you can enjoy its full potential. 

What operating system and version do you have it running on? Have you tried removing the Bose Updater and re-installing a fresh new file? Alternatively you can update your speaker using the Bose Connect app which is available for Android and iOS devices. Would this method be something you can try? 

If you're still experiencing the same issue, could be that your speaker is defective and we recommend that you get back in contact with your local Bose Support to discuss your exchange options. 

Here's a link to get you contact info if you need it. 

Let us know how everything goes? We can also help with the Bose Connect app method too. 

Thank you, 

Mohsin

Sassenach
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2017

Re: Soundlink Revolve firmware is not updating

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the Updater software and tried again with no success so I tried to update the speaker through the Bose Connect App and my phone. And it said to me that my product was already updated ... so I guess I made a fuss for nothing Smiley Embarassed But I am happy that my speaker is working properly Smiley Very Happy

So once again, thanks for helping and have a good day !