Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolarpichardo
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2018

Soundlink Revolve says incorrect name but still pairing

Hi,

I recently upgrade my iphone and I did a backup from the old one; however, my revolve keeps saying the name of a different iPhone once paired and not mine.It pairs properly to my phone, but the issue here is not the name, I really don't care, the app bose connect doesn't recognize my phone and I cannot link them to update the speaker nor to add other devices.

I've tried reseting the phone from factory, forgetting the Bluetooth paired devices and still no success.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paolarpichardo
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve says incorrect name but still pairing

Author Accepted Answer selected by paolarpichardo

I was able to resolve the issue by pressing the multifunction button until the lights from the battery, bluetooth, and little arrow started flashing. It stayed inactive for 2 minutes and when I turned it up again and paired it with my iPhone, the correct name was prompted and now I'm able to connect to the bose connect app.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out, my friend!  I'm glad you did.  Could you please try deleting the Connect app and reinstalling it?

Let's try a couple troubleshooting steps on the Revolve: 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Let me know if this helps?

I hope that you enjoy your week!

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

paolarpichardo
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2018

Hi Shiloh,

Same issue. I connected my MacBook Pro, which was also paired and I have the same issue, it recognized it as device “iphone”

Please advice!
paolarpichardo
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by paolarpichardo

I was able to resolve the issue by pressing the multifunction button until the lights from the battery, bluetooth, and little arrow started flashing. It stayed inactive for 2 minutes and when I turned it up again and paired it with my iPhone, the correct name was prompted and now I'm able to connect to the bose connect app.

View solution in original post