Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 3, 2017

Soundlink continuous flashing orange light

Hi

Please could someone advise why my Soundlink Mini has a continuous flashing orange battery light whether the AC is pluged into the devise or into the dock.

The soundlink doesnt work also whether the AC is pluged into the devise or into the dock.

I have tried holding the power button and it still flashes and also holding the mute button  (This goes to green then when I stop pressing starts flashing orange again)

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundlink continuous flashing orange light

Hi SPUR$1,

Thanks for the post. To clarify, the lights are yellow, green or red for the battery LED. While charging the color of the LED will flash yellow until the battery reaches 100%. We just wanted to make sure not to confuse anyone. Sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting yourself. We recommend that you try replacing the power supply. You can reach out to your local Bose Support for one. Click here for contact info.

Please do give us an update on how everything goes.

Mohsin

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2017

Hello,

I am researching the same issue and came accross this post.

My SoundLink Mini also just recently started flashing an orange light (not yellow, green nor red).  I keep my SoundLink on my office desk, docked and plugged in. 

I unplugged it from the power source and the battery temporarily flashed green and then stopped.  The SoundLink is working perfectly fine for now, but the orange flashing is not normal and I would like to make sure nothing bad happens.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2017

I also have the exact same problem. Soundlink 2 in my office permamently on the dock wired to the mains. Flashing amber (or yellow) and saying I have 90% battery. I've turned things off at the mains and held down the power and power button but doesn't resolve the flashing amber light. Like the previous poster, it works perfectly fine on and off the dock, but it never gets to 100% battery green light. When I take it out of the dock it flashes green for a couple of seconds then back to amber.

Can this be fixed?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Warrior Sorry to hear about that. You can also try rebooting the system processor:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button   

If the issue persists, we encourage you to contact your local Bose Support for available options. 

Thanks,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Mine started this today!  I do not have multifunction button (do have aux).  Any ideas?  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

My soundlink mini 2 started flashing orange light after 6 months used. It was not connecting to any devices. Not responding at all with different USB adaptors and cables. Friend gave me in Xmas for presents. Bought back to the Bose shop. They told me it's out of warranty and ask for $150 for repairs and extra $50 to send for repairs by them. New one are only $215 in Myer!!!! Anyway I tried holding all buttons at the same time today and it suddenly work. Really disappointed with this product. Since I hardly use it and it stop working all of a sudden.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Mine started flashing orange today. If you press the mute button for 12 seconds or so it will reset all the settings to factory default settings.

After I reset everything works perfectly.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

@Binary Surge

Thank you for your comment!  I'm sure your information will help other users who experience similar issues.

Enjoy your day and come by anytime! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

I am having the same problem which the battery is always at 90% and not reaching 100%. Should I try to drain my battery till it turn red then recharge it again? Because the "hoold multi function" method didn't work. I even reset it by holding the power button and paired up all the device again. Btw, it still work perfectly, except the orange light is always on wether it is charging or not, even when I turn it off.