Soundlink mini 1: Can't update FW

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundlink mini 1: Can't update FW

My Soundlink won't charge anymore. I swapped batteries with a working unit and the battery charges. When I put a charged battery into the unit that will not charge, the unit is operational. I read online that it may require a FW update. The Bose Updater webpage does not include a link for the original Soundlink Mini, only the Mini II. Where can I get FW for my, older model Soundlink?

4 REPLIES
Silent Starter

Re: Soundlink mini 1: Can't update FW

I have the same problem!! Any helpful hints gratefully received. I’d rather not have to splash out on a whole new unit!

Hi All,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. If the unit is still powering on, the first thing I would suggest is trying to reset the speaker. 

Perform a SoundLink system reset by following these steps:

• Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly. Press the Power button to turn the system back on

PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT remove the battery as there is no further benefit.

If you could give that a try and please let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks. I tried this several times this morning and it still won't charge. What can I try next?

Hi Bigboy

Thanks for the update! 

At this point, I would recommend contacting your local support team to see what service options are available.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A