MikeKelso
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Soundlink mini 2 keeps beeping on the charger

Hi Bose
My new mini 2 keeps beeping (the standard "fully charged" beep) every 30 secs when on the charger. It's not paired or playing anything. The beeps are.accompanied by the battery icon flashing yellow and then back to green. Have applied the 10s ex power button reset, no change. Please advise.
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink mini 2 keeps beeping on the charger

Hi MikeKelso,
Please investigate whether the same symptom occurs:

1. Both when using the charging cradle and when plugging in power directly to the SoundLink Mini 2 speaker.
  2. When charging both from the wall outlet charger we provided and from another source such as a computer.
  3. When using a different Micro USB  cable to charge (this is the generic type of charge cable from many mobile devices including many android phones.)

This should help you narrow down whether the issue is with the charging cradle, the USB cable or the system itself. Whichever part needs service, you would want to contact technical support locally for assistance. You can find contact info at https://www.soundtouch.com/support
Thank you. 
MikeKelso
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

hi Bose (George),  

thanks for the reply. The unit charges fine without beeping (on the base, or plugged in)  with an alternative power supply, either laptop or a different usb 240V wall plug. So the problem is the wall plug supplied by Bose, it  must be experiencing a periodic electronic cut-out for some reason. There is no Bose support in the country where I live but you may want to note that this fault exists.

Thank you for letting us know what you found! If a phone number for your country is not listed at that link then you can either find your local Bose dealer at http://global.bose.com or write to global_service@bose.com for assistance.
Benno
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 18, 2016

Good morning. I purchase the mini 2 last week and have found the same problem. I have followed the above advice and have narrowed it down to the docking station. 
I can can charge by lead direct to speaker with no issues. 
If if I place on the docking station and the beeping starts. However if I press the speaker down and push to one side the beeping stops. However as soon as I release the pressure it starts again with the battery light flashing. 
My my problem being. I purchased the device in Virgin mega stores in yaz shopping mall in Abu Dhabi UAE but I live in Qatar Doha and the above link does not have a support address in the Middle East.
please can you advise me where or whom I contact to get the cradle exchanged. 
Whilst purchading the device vice I was given an international warranty. 
Thanks 

Benno,
If the local dealers listed on our global site are not able to assist you, please email Global_Service@bose.com for assistance.
Thank you. 
Harrellie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2016

Hello.  My new Soundlink Mini does the same thing - by following the instructions here I found the issue is the plugged supplied.  If this issue is a consistent problem, the root cause needs to be addressed.  I am using the plug from a different device, which means I must now purchase another.  Not excessively expensive - excessively annoying tho as the Bose brand is supposed to be high quality product.
emmajaimers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2016

Hi 
I brought one of these yesterday and I'm having the same problem beeping every few seconds while sat on charging dock and an orange light flicking on and off.  I took it off the dock and pluged in directly to the unit this seemed to work until 4am when i was woken up by the beeping again I'm guessing it was letting me know it was fully charged this didn't stop until i got up and unplugged it really annoyed. 
peterfloyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

I had the same problem.  I switched to a different uUSB to Type A USB cable and the problem dissappeared.  Fautly USB cable.  Replace.

88keys
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Mine does the same thing. Wakes me up in the middle of the night. I've had it a year now. Super annoying