Highlighted
Dunster
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

Soundlink revolve volume controls not working when using bluetooth source

Connect to iPhone via bluetooth - volume controls work on speaker and phone.

Connect via RCA adapter - volume controls work on speaker.

Connect to bluetooth transmitter that supports AVRCP - volume control works on bluetooth transmitter (uses AVRCP), but NOT on speaker.

Firmware came as 1.5, Bose app says it's up to date, other bluetooth devices work fine with the bluetooth transmitter.

Help me understand how buttons on this device are disabled or don't work when using bluetooth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink revolve volume controls not working when using bluetooth source

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Dunster,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem controlling the volume from your SoundLink Revolve when using your Bluetooth transmitter. 

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices to test with your speaker other than your iPhone? 

There is no problem between your iPhone and SoundLink Revolve when you are connected via Bluetooth so I believe the issue is isolated between the Bluetooth transmitter and the speaker. 

I would recommend that you power cycle your Bluetooth transmitter and also reset your SoundLink Revolve. You can do that by unplugging the speaker from power, turn it on using the battery power, press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundlink revolve volume controls not working when using bluetooth source

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Dunster,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem controlling the volume from your SoundLink Revolve when using your Bluetooth transmitter. 

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices to test with your speaker other than your iPhone? 

There is no problem between your iPhone and SoundLink Revolve when you are connected via Bluetooth so I believe the issue is isolated between the Bluetooth transmitter and the speaker. 

I would recommend that you power cycle your Bluetooth transmitter and also reset your SoundLink Revolve. You can do that by unplugging the speaker from power, turn it on using the battery power, press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support