Highlighted
Selloi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Speaker phone problem... Sound distorted like robotic voice...

I am really disappointed that my sl mini ii is not working correctly while using speaker phone. It is not even one month old, it works fine at first but now tthevoice of the other person is robotic I mean it is distorted, and they can't hear me. It's hell of an experience. No dropped, not opened. Just using normally... Is it a problem inside or are there anything possible help?
2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Speaker phone problem... Sound distorted like robotic voice...

You need to determine which part of the equation is causing your problem.  Before you disconnect and/or reinitialize anything, try using the soundlink mini ii with a completely different device.  So if you were using it with a phone or a computer , try another phone or computer.  If the problem persists, it is the soundlink mini ii.  I have a soundlink mini ii that I use all the time during my cardio workouts to watch cable through my phone.  I don't hear any problems.

If you soundlink mini ii sounds fine elsewhere, you can do what Bose normally suggests which is to un-pair, remove it from everywhere and reinitialize to factory settings.  Sometimes that may work clearing out data that is causing the problem.

Otherwise, if it is a computer, you may be having a connection issue with the wrong device.  Bluetooth uses two devices and protocols.  One, HFP is for Voice Over IP which we call a phone conversation (like with Skyp and Whatsapp).  That audio will be phone quality - mono, often single speaker and low quality audio.  The other is A2DS which is the stereo audio streaming device.  Sometimes, there is a connection problem and the stereo device on the other end is not or intentionally not chosen.  For example, for some reason it may be connected but 'offline'.  If you are experiencing that, its a problem with your Bluetooth vendor's software drivers (not the computer vendor and not Microsoft or Apple).  I won't go further on this unless you say this is your situation.

Sometimes it could be the software on the other end.  So to pick on the above, you phone app may not work, but say Whatsapp or Youtube works fine.  If something like that is happening, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the application giving the problem, if its a computer - try and older version, or perhaps even tweak with the settings of the app.  For example, you app could be using the 'headset' device (HFP) even if the Stereo device (A2DS) is the default.

There are other possibilities, but that should help you get started.

Re: Speaker phone problem... Sound distorted like robotic voice...

Hi Selloi,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would be happy to assist you if I can. Could I ask a few questions to gather more information?

• Have you tried the speaker on another mobile device to see if the issue is consistent?
  • Are you able to clear the pairing list from the speaker and the device and try re pairing?

To clear the speaker memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Turn on the product, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Finally, I would recommend trying to reset the speaker.

To reset your speaker:

• Turn on the speaker, then press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. Once reset, the speaker turns off.

Please let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support