Trouble with connection between iPhone 6 and Bose Soundlink Mini II playing Spotify

Silent Starter

Trouble with connection between iPhone 6 and Bose Soundlink Mini II playing Spotify

I am not having a problem connecting my phone via Bluetooth to the speaker, but I am having trouble with getting Spotify to continuously play music through my speaker. It will often play one song, then stop the playlist. Sometimes I will press play again on my phone and it will continue playing through the speakers. Other times I will press play and it will start playing through my phone like it is not connected to the speaker, even though my phone shows it's connected and I can still control the volume of the music coming from the phone using the speaker. The speaker constantly says "connected to Kimberly's iPhone" when the music stops involuntarily, so the phone is connected, but it must have something to do with the connection between the speaker and Spotify. Please help! This has been so annoying, I am considering returning my speaker.

Thanks,

Kim

1 REPLY 1

Re: Trouble with connection between iPhone 6 and Bose Soundlink Mini II playing Spotify

Hi kmackenzie89,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your speaker. Could I ask a few questions to try and assist?

• Is this something new that's been happening or did it ever work properly?
  • Does it only happen with Spotify? Have you tried other apps?
  • Have you noticed it on a different mobile device? Or by using an AUX cable?

And lastly, I would suggest trying to reset the speaker.

To reset your speaker:

Note: A reset clears all system settings — including Bluetooth device memory and language selection — and returns product to it's original out-of-box state.

Turn on the speaker, then press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. Once reset, the speaker turns off.

Regards,

Tony G - community Support