Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Upgrading firmware for soundlink mini II

Hi, 

I have connected the speaker to the laptop via the USB jack and trying to upgrade the firmware - the speaker continues to beep kind of on-Off.

How do I know if the firmware is being isntalled or not and what is the progress, how much more time will it take. 

i have installed the software on windows and was taken to 'http://btu.bose.com/index.html#section=connect'

Thanks, 

Sajjan.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Upgrading firmware for soundlink mini II

Hi sajjan,

Thanks for reaching out. Let's give your Soundlink Mini II a reset. Press the power button to turn it on, then hold the power button down for 10 seconds. The speaker will turn off once its been reset. 

Remove the Bose Updater you have installed previously and then re-download it. Click here for the updater. 

1. Disconnect your speaker from the computer if you have not already.

2. Once you re-installed the updater, open the file and connect the speaker back the computer.

3. Click "Apply Changes" to download the latest update.

You should see the progress of the update within the software itself. Once it's done, you can disconnect the speaker.

Give us an update on how this went 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

i just updated my sound link mini 2 speaker that. does this allow it to work withthe bose connect app that i have on my smart phone 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

hi muhsin

i did follow your instructions but after downloading the file and trying to open it nothing happens am using hp laptop windows 10 please help

sir abdul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @sir,

Thank you for trying those instructions and getting back to me! I really appreciate your effort. 

To confirm, you are having issues opening the Bose Updater software on your computer? Can you double check your permissions? 

Also, if possible, are you able to connect the speaker to another computer you have around? 

Let me know, I'd really like to see you get back to enjoying your music! 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

I am having the SAME issue. How do I find the Updater on my laptop? Windows 10 operating system. I dont even know where to begin to remove it so I can start over. The message I keep getting is that my software is up to date (1.1.4) but I STILL can't connect my mini II to bluetooth devices. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

1. Thank you for sharing your help..
  2. Merry christmas
  3. Happy new year
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

@sajjanwrote:

Hi, 

I have connected the speaker to the laptop via the USB jack and trying to upgrade the firmware - the speaker continues to beep kind of on-Off.

How do I know if the firmware is being isntalled or not and what is the progress, how much more time will it take. 

i have installed the software on windows and was taken to 'http://btu.bose.com/index.html#section=connect'

Thanks, 

Sajjan.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi kemalll,

Thanks for posting. You should see a percentage bar as the update is installed showing you how much is left.

If you are not seeing that, you might want to disconnect and try again. 

Here is a link to some steps that might help you.

Regards,

Tony-Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

Dear Sir's,

Recently i tried to update my bose mini soundlink II to update the firmware but as the updating still in progress suddenly it stop and the pc cannot read the speaker anymore.now i cannot switch on or when i charge it doesnt respond all i can hear when i press the power button or blutooth button is "READY TO PAIR".