miaharun
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Which Bose Bluetooth Speakers support AAC

Hello All, I’m currently using a Bose Revolve speaker and loving how it sounds with my iPhone. I have heard that the revolve series supports AAC but now I’m in need of another speaker. My choices are the SoundLink Mini 2 and the Color 2. Out of these speakers which supports AAC ?

Thanks & Regards,

miaharun

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Which Bose Bluetooth Speakers support AAC

As you know there are many different variations of AAC/M4a.  I didn't try them all, but I did use winamp to play the Nero variation (versus the iTunes variation) on both my Revolve and my Soundlink Mini using Winamp with no problems or issues.  In fact, I have not yet run across a music/audio file regardless of its format that will not play on any of my Bose devices.  If it plays on my internal speakers, it will also play on the Bose.

miaharun
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Sorry Joel let me rephrase my question. I’m taking about the Bluetooth codec. Not the actual file. Like SBC, Aptx, AAC etc. need to know which SoundLink Bluetooth speakers support the AAC codec.

Hi Miaharun, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. 

As @joelirwin stated above that he hasn't encountered any issue with this yet, this isn't going to be something that affects the speaker. You should be able to play any kind of Bluetooth Codec onto the SoundLink Speaker. 

If you would like to know any more information on SoundLink speakers or what Bluetooth versions they support, please do get in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support