Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Why doesn’t Revolve turn off after 20mins, as set in the app?

I like to go to sleep with music playing. I have a few play lists that my Amazon Echo Dot plays through my Revolve over Bluetooth. 

The play lists last about 1 hour each. After one finishes that’s it, no more music gets played. My Revolve is set to auto turn off after 20mins. 

Why then, is it still on every morning when I get up? That’s a good 7-8 hours its on each night. This is crazy. I could understand if I had it set to not turn on but for the life of me I cant understand why we are given a feature that doesn’t work. 

Is this because its linked to Alexa, which has doesn’t got to sleep? If so I can understand that, but its very annoying. 

Yes, I’ve tried the silly reset stuff that seems to be the standard delay tactic on here. 

Any help or explanation appreciated. 

Dave. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why doesn’t Revolve turn off after 20mins, as set in the app?

Hello there, Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I tested this with an Echo here as well and came up with the same results. It sounds like the device is still interacting in some way. Also, I recommend testing with another Bluetooth device to see if the Auto-off feature is working fine. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Hi Dave,

This is also an issue with my Soundlink Color II and I believe with most Bose speakers. The problem seems to be that the auto shutoff is not affected by what's playing but rather with the Bluetooth connection. As long as there's a connection, then the speaker stays on. Bose would have to fix this at the firmware level, there's nothing we can do as consumers it seems.
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!

See the threat here to know more about this "feature": https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Only-Speakers/Soundlink-Revolve-Randomly-Turning-On/td-p/109...

Reason is a change in the firmware that has been introduced in version 1.3.3 and has not been altered in any way in the current 1.5.0. You cannot go back to 1.2.2 as BOSE withdrew old version for "best customer experience". Please follow the threat mentioned above.

HermannS

Hello, 

We appreciate everyone contributing, and helping. Please try to keep the discussion relevant and aligned with the original topic.

@Dave_bass5 Hello Dave, we just wanted to check in to see if everything was okay now. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

The SoundLink won't turn off, when a previously paired device is available. And maybe it does turn off, it will turn on again after about 10 seconds. So there is no difference in "won't turn off" compared to "endlessly turnes on again".

HermannS