Nelson M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

app Bose Connect

Both my iPhone and iPad get connected to Soundlink Color 2, but recognize the speaker under the name Big Ears, which I suppose is a different product. Maybe for that reason, app Bose connect doesn't recognize the speaker.

What to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: app Bose Connect

Hi Nelson M,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Let's start over with a clean slate for the setup:

• Delete the app from the iPhone and iPad
  • Turn on the system and hold the power button for 10  seconds until it prompts you to select a language
  • From here, remove the speaker from the Bluetooth lists from the iPhone and iPad.
  • At this point, let's re-pair the speaker in the Bluetooth menu of the iPhone
  • Now let's re-install the app on the iPhone and see if it registers the speaker now.  

If this doesn't work, it may be that the speaker is out of date with the app and my need an update.  If you connect the speaker to a computer with the USB cable and navigate to btu.bose.com, do you have an option to update?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Nelson M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

The problem is solved.

I don't know what really worked. On the one hand, I did what I was suggested to, but on the other hand Bose Connect for my device was already installed in my wife's iPhone. Because she had to test it before giving it to me.

As soon as she unistalled the app from her phone, mine started to work.

Anyway, that may be another hint.

Thank you. 

Highlighted

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the update.

That is odd in what solved the issue.

Please keep an eye on this and let us know if anything changes.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support