Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakeshbrraag
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

bose portable home speaker keeps cutting out

My Bose portable home speaker keeps cutting out sound while playing it via Bluetooth. i dint had this issues when i bought this product couple few months back , but from few days the sound  keeps cutting . Its really annoying . Its such an expensive device and  never expected this from bose. 

Please help me in fixing this 

Regards

Rakesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MargotChanning
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Re: bose portable home speaker keeps cutting out

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Jessie

There was no power at all. I followed instructions from some guy on YouTube and plugged into my Mac whilst keeping the power button pressed then released the button and removed the USB in the order he recommended and when I connected the USB to my computer again there was a glimmer of power showing (red light) so I left it to charge on my Mac for a while before connecting it to the normal power supply. Bingo.

Thank you (and I'd thank him but didn't have a log in!). I love my Bose speaker. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Hello rakeshbrraag, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to see that you are experiencing some odd Bluetooth issues. 

Can you please let us know if this issue happens with different devices that are connected to the speaker or just a particular device? 

A great first step for us to take is to reset the speaker by pressing and holding the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network. 

Then we want to clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the speaker by following these steps below: 

• Turn on the speaker by pressing the Power button
  • Press and hold the Bluetooth button for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light. Once the pairing list is cleared, the top and bottom of the light ring glows blue indicating it is ready to be paired with another Bluetooth device.

Once you have done this please forget the connection from your device and connect the speaker again via these steps here.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

MargotChanning
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

I had this happen twice today with my Bose Soundlink Colour II. The battery was low, I charged it and now the speaker won't come on at all. It's not old or heavily used and was perfect yesterday. Any ideas, Bose, please?
Thank you for any help. I love this speaker!

Jessie_O

Hi @MargotChanning,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the same issues. 

I would recommend following the troubleshooting outlined by @Hector_B above. 

Let me know how you get on! 

MargotChanning
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Jessie

There was no power at all. I followed instructions from some guy on YouTube and plugged into my Mac whilst keeping the power button pressed then released the button and removed the USB in the order he recommended and when I connected the USB to my computer again there was a glimmer of power showing (red light) so I left it to charge on my Mac for a while before connecting it to the normal power supply. Bingo.

Thank you (and I'd thank him but didn't have a log in!). I love my Bose speaker. 

View solution in original post

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us and letting me know! I'm glad to hear that your issues have been resolved.

If there is anything else we can do, please let us know!