MaikelJ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

revolve party mode and voice messages

Hi, I have two issues I would like to address. 

I am using 2 soundlike revolves on my desk at the office. I like to have them in stereo mode, which works nicely. However, when I return to my desk, I have to setup the stereo mode again. Is there a way to keep this mode, even when I get back to work after the weekend?

Second problem is all the spoken messages. I have turned them off, but the party mode or loss of connection is still always prompted, which is not so great for my colleagues obviously. Is there a way to stop all the talking completely?

Thanks already for all replies!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: revolve party mode and voice messages

Hi MaikelJ!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

The SoundLink Revolves do not retain settings I'm afraid. So when you disconnect the bluetooth from the pair you will need to reconnect. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you!

In regards to the voice issues, have you turned the prompts off when they are connected in a stereo pair?

I hope this helps!

Jessie - Community Support

MaikelJ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for your reply Jessie,

maybe keeping stereo mode is something that can be addressed in future software updates? 

The voice prompts have been turned off in single mode. When linked, holding the + en - volume buttons does not work, there is no response from the speakers. Is there anything else I can do to shut off the voice promts (or even the bleeps too) alltogether?

Thanks!

Maikel

Hi MaikelJ, 

Currently as you mentioned, you can turn the voice prompts for the Soundlink Revolve through the Bose Connect app for a singular speaker, however in party mode, you are unable to this to both.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

MaikelJ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for the replies, but what a shame.

In my opinion, the speakers (which sound great by the way) lack some functionality, or at least for my liking. - - They should be able to retain stereo mode, even upon switching off and back on.

- They should remember which one is left and which one is right (I keep switching them around).

- They should have a mode without any sounds (bleeps or spoken) when one uses the app to set it up.

I sincerely hope these things can be adressed in future software updates.

Highlighted

Hi, MaikelJ,

Thanks for the great suggestions. We've passed them on to our development team.

Did you know that it's also possible to turn voice prompts off by holding the Volume + and Volume - buttons at the same time. You'll hear a confirmation when they've been disabled. To turn them back on, repeat this process.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support