Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

soundlink mini 2 keeps turning on and off

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini II for about 1.5  years and recently it keeps turning on and off repetitively. I have updated the firmware and still not helping. Has anyone seen this problem before?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: soundlink mini 2 keeps turning on and off

Hi yuejdesigner85,

Sorry to hear about your speakers' power issues. Have you tried resetting the speaker? 

A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Press the Power button to turn the speaker on.
  2. Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset.

You could also try putting the speaker into "Ship Mode".

To put the speaker into ship mode, follow these steps:

1. Connect the speaker to power.
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds.
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  4. Release the Multi-function button.

Notes:

1. Putting the system into ship mode reboots the processor, but does not erase any settings, like language selection or paired Bluetooth devices.
  2. The system must be re-connected to power to wake it from ship mode.

Please come back and let us know if that helped.

Tony​​​​​​​

Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

I tried all of that and nothing helped. It appears that when the bose speaker is not sitting on charging dock, it works fine. But once it sits on charging dock, it begins to turn on and off repeatedly.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

yuejdesigner85

Thanks for responding. That would be pointing to a defective charging dock. I would contact your local Bose support for a replacement. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to contact us.

Hope that helped.

Tony