Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

soundlink mini with Bose connect app (IOS app)?

Connect 5.0 (ios) says it's compatible with Soundlink products - how about my Soundlink mini?

It's a Bluetooth connection, many Soundlink minis out there - it sure would be nice to control without having to push the buutons on the unit.

Using the music app on the phone for volume control is NOT changing the volume setting on the device, contrary to the statement in another post.

How about it, Bose folks?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: soundlink mini with Bose connect app (IOS app)?

Hey jackfbrennan,

That's a great question!  The Connect 5.0 App is compatible with the following Bluetooth speakers: SoundLink Color II, SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve+, and the SoundLink Micro speaker.  Thank you for your suggestion about adding the SoundLink Mini, I will pass that along to our team for you.

In regards to the volume controls, changing the volume on the app that is providing audio should change to volume on the speaker, however, it is suggested to set the volume level on the speaker itself in addition.  For example, if the volume control on the speaker was set very low and you turned the volume up on your phone the audio still may be quiet.

If changing the volume control on the phone is not changing the volume on the speaker at all then I would recommend clearing the pairing list and repairing your phone and the Mini.  To clear the pairing list you press the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds or until you hear the speaker emit an indicator tone.  At this point "forget" the speaker on your phone and repair the devices.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2015

Are the plans to add the SoundLink Mini II in the Bose Connect list? It seems that Bose would prioritize this since it’s still selling this product. Any update on this?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

Add in the sound link and sound link 2 while your at it. A major reason I like my UE boom more atm is being able to turn it on and off remotely. But the sound on the bose is far superior.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks,

I've passed your inquiries along to the team and will absolutely keep you posted on any new information regarding this.

Thank you for posting and making your voices heard!

Enjoy your evening,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Still waiting...
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Why use Soundlink in the name...  IE Soundlink mini 2... if its not compatible with the Bose control app?  ??  ??? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

I have a question about the Soundlink mini 2 not being able to use the connect app.

I’d assume it’s not a technical issue correct? It’s a business decision for one reason or another?

May or may not be an option in the future to pair multiples using the connect app?

Just want to confirm since I have a couple mini 2s.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there, Cberry240!

Thank you for joining the conversation!  

You are correct, the SoundLink Mini 2 is not compatible with the Bose Connect app.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care and have a peaceful day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

Hi Shiloh-

Thanks for the response.
I understand that the Soundlink Mini 2 isn’t compatible with the Bose Connect App.

What I’m wondering is is it a hardware reason or a software?

Meaning is there a missing chip or something within the SL Mini 2 hardware so it’ll never be compatible or is it a software issue that could be released someday and allow the SL Mini 2 to be compatible and take advantage of Stereo and Party pairing?

Thanks,
Chris