speaker always showing as charging

SOLVED
Silent Starter

speaker always showing as charging

Speaker is two months old....now when it sits in the charging cradle, whether being used or not, the battery light flashes orange constantly showing it is charging. When it is removed it turns green showing fully charged. Back on the cradle and it stars flashing immediately.

operates fine...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by mrmars

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: speaker always showing as charging

Hi mrmars,

Can you let the speaker drain all the way to 0% battery, then charge it all the way back up. If it still reaches 90% max let us know and we will see where to go next with this.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6
Silent Starter

update....when I view it through the app, it shows battery is only acheiving 90% after sitting in cradle all day

Highlighted

Hi mrmars,

Can you let the speaker drain all the way to 0% battery, then charge it all the way back up. If it still reaches 90% max let us know and we will see where to go next with this.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I am having the exact same problem. My Revolve + portable speaker is approximately 3 months old. Sits constantly in its charging cradle. Had always operated fine, and has always had the green battery light on and voice would confirm “battery at 100%”.

Then out of the blue, yesterday I noticed the battery light is flashing amber and will not charge above 90%. I have tried resetting; nothing helps. It is charging directly into a wall socket now (I removed it from the charging cradle), but the battery light just constantly flashes amber, and never changes to green/full charge.

Hi Tmalfieri, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your Revolve Plus speaker not charging. I would suggest trying the following steps to try to fix your issue: 

• Check for and install any available product updates. Visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
  • Try another USB charging cable. If another USB charging cable works properly when connected to the power supply, replace the USB cable.
  • Perform a product reset. To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Silent Starter

Hi, so it took a few days to do what was suggested and run the speaker down to zero charge.

I then put it back in the cradle and it within a few hours it had charged to full charge and steady green LED. So that suggestion seems to have worked.

I've been busy and wanted to run it down again, but haven't had time to give it a second cycle to make sure it's resolved before posting back here....

Hi Mrmars, 

Thanks for the update! Let us know if you need any help in the future!

Kind regards, 

Vicky W