weeo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

2 ipads into channels 4/5

Hi , I've been using channels 4/5 on the T1 for backing tracks through my ipad.

I want to use 2 ipads ,can i put 2 ipads into small mixer and output from mixer to channels 4/5 ?

Thanks for any help

5 REPLIES 5
Dylan_R

Re: 2 ipads into channels 4/5

Hello weeo!

Thank you for your post. You could use the T1 for both iPads if you have enough free inputs - e.g. one iPad into channels 4/5, the second iPad into channels 1/2 or 2/3. 

If you wanted to keep the other inputs on the T1 free, you could use a small mixer to sub-mix the iPads, then output from the small mixer to the T1 as you mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
weeo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I only have 1 "free" channel. I tried a "Y" adaptor with no success so I,m trying out a lead from stereo jack to xlr mono which i'm hoping will work. It involves using resistors etc. and as far as i am aware, you can't buy them pre-made. There are tutorials on line to help ,thank goodness . If that isn't successful, i have a small mixer that i'll try but i'm hoping the lead works as the mixer just means more things to carry and set up. I'll get back to you with a progress report.   

Thanks again for the input.

Dylan_R

Hey weeo,

As the T1 is a mono mixer, using just one channel for each iPad would also be fine if you wanted to keep the other inputs free. 

Rather than using a 3.5mm stereo jack to XLR cable, though, I would instead use a 3.5mm stereo to 1/4" mono cable. These cables can vary in terms of audio quality, so using a separate mixer for the iPads would be the safest option for fidelity.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
weeo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Sorry i missed this post Dylan.

The lead i made up from stereo to xlr seems to be working ok.

I hadn't even thought about doing it to Mono jack so i'll give that a try. 

Thanks for your input

Eddie 

weeo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Much better with the mono jack lead, thanks for the tip, Dylan.