Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 19, 2004

2 x compact L1 and 1x T1 mixer

Hello everyone

merry Christmas and all that......

just a quick question re L1 compacts.....if I hook 2 of them to 1 x T1 mixer will they work satisfactorily ?

having previously hooked up 2 x L1 series 11 to 1x T1 mixer and experienced how horrible it can be I’m just wondering if the same is true with the compacts.

i have one compact and am considering purchasing a second one if they will work well.

my idea being to set one up each side of stage area as with traditional speaker set ups to help reinforce the sound from my L1 placed behind me for when crowds are loud and boisterous 

it’s vocals and guitar and occasionally drums/bass guitar backing tracks.

any help appreciated 

regards

vincent

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: 2 x compact L1 and 1x T1 mixer

Hi, vincent,

vincentvaughan posted:

Hello everyone

merry Christmas and all that......

just a quick question re L1 compacts.....if I hook 2 of them to 1 x T1 mixer will they work satisfactorily ?

This depends on the program material (recorded music, spoken word, live sound) and the distance between the L1 Compacts.

having previously hooked up 2 x L1 series 11 to 1x T1 mixer and experienced how horrible it can be

For you: "vocals and guitar and occasionally drums/bass guitar backing tracks." - please tell us the problems you experienced.

I’m just wondering if the same is true with the compacts.

It sounds like you may have experienced a problem with Multiple Source Interference. That can happen with two L1 systems, depending on the program material and the distance between them. With the L1 Model II systems, the minimum recommended distance for two systems running dual mono is 6 meters (20 feet).

Because the line array in the L1 Compact is shorter than the line array in the L1 Model II, you can have two L1 Compacts closer together 4-5 meters (15 feet).

i have one compact and am considering purchasing a second one if they will work well.

my idea being to set one up each side of stage area as with traditional speaker set ups to help reinforce the sound from my L1 placed behind me for when crowds are loud and boisterous 

Do you mean an L1 Model II behind you and L1 Compacts on either side of the stage?

it’s vocals and guitar and occasionally drums/bass guitar backing tracks.

any help appreciated 

regards

vincent

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 19, 2004

Re: 2 x compact L1 and 1x T1 mixer

Thank you for the quick reply ST

yes.....L1 behind me and a compact either side of stage

i have used 802s with a PWR amp in this way previously with good success my thinking is that a pair of compacts might achieve the same thing but less weight to haul into the venues 

i have tried the dual mono set up in the past.....not good.                              Had all the problems of the multi source interference 

I might try and borrow a second compact from someone to tryout the idea 

thanks again

vincent