Registered since

Apr 12, 2004

Re: 3 nights, 3 very different venues

Pete,

Admittedly, I have never really been a fan of U2, but I seem to be able to pull off a fairly convincing Bono imitation, so we do "Vertigo", and "Where the Streets have no Name".

Our 21 year old guitar player, Alex, however, is a total U2 nut! I try to keep him happy! Wink

Best Wishes,
Jeff
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2006

Jeff

Interesting you put the L1's on top of the B1's?
I would love to be able to get some extra elevation, and had thought of this but discounted it because of the thump of the B1's either damaging the Powerstand (vibrations) or the powerstand moving, especially if it's tilted.

so is it accepted that you could place a Classic Powerstand on top of 2 B1's aid flat?

thanks
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2006

Bump

Any comments on this?
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi SparkyG:

quote:
Originally posted by SparkyG:
Jeff

Interesting you put the L1's on top of the B1's?
I would love to be able to get some extra elevation, and had thought of this but discounted it because of the thump of the B1's either damaging the Powerstand (vibrations) or the powerstand moving, especially if it's tilted.

so is it accepted that you could place a Classic Powerstand on top of 2 B1's aid flat?

thanks

Please check out this discussion

L1® atop B1s ...

in which Hilmar-at-Bose said:

quote:
Originally posted by Hilmar-at-Bose:
It probably wouldn't result in police interaction, but personal injury is a definite possibility Wink

Back to business: PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. It's not safe enough. The UL has a specified tip test that determines how much lateral force a product has to withstand and putting the L1s and top of the B1 will certainly violate this requirement. The B1s can generate quite a bit of vibration and that's not particularly healthy for the electronics. Also the vibration may cause the PS1 to simply "walk off" the B1s which would be really dangerous. Getting hit in the head with 35 lbs, 6 feet metal rod is a decidedly unpleasant experience.

Again, please do not do that, it's not safe and not the intended use of the product.

Hope that helps

Hilmar
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

quote:
Originally posted by Hilmar-at-Bose:
PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. It's not safe enough. The UL has a specified tip test that determines how much lateral force a product has to withstand and putting the L1s and top of the B1 will certainly violate this requirement. The B1s can generate quite a bit of vibration and that's not particularly healthy for the electronics. Also the vibration may cause the PS1 to simply "walk off" the B1s which would be really dangerous. Getting hit in the head with 35 lbs, 6 feet metal rod is a decidedly unpleasant experience.

Again, please do not do that, it's not safe and not the intended use of the product.
So, if one wanted to do that anyway, I'd try to mitigate (minimize) the risks by putting an isolation pad between the B1's and the L1 (to minimize vibrations being transmitted) and something non-slip (e.g.: rubbery) to minimize tendency to "walk off".

Strapping the PS/1 to the B1's would prevent the walking/tipping, but would tend to MAXIMIZE the transfer of vibrations between them.

All in all, the safest "elevation" of the L1 column is on a stable, sturdy surface with minimal coupling to the B1's (or a vibrating floor). Like a low table. Strapped in place. With a Gramma pad under the B1's on the floor to isolate them from everything else.