romgmz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

4 Model II vs 2 Pro 32?

Hi,

it’s been a while since I wrote last.
I have a question… currently I own 4 Model II with 6 B2 subs (2 of them with the external Bose amp) I’m thinking on selling them and get 2 Pro 32 with 4 subs (the big ones). Would it be worth it sound wise?

than you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fish-54
Leader
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: 4 Model II vs 2 Pro 32?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

Hello stroeter,

Great question.  Frequent forum contributor DJ JD BASS made this comparison in this post about three weeks ago.  Of course, the most obvious reason accounting for the difference in size is that the Sub1 and Sub2 are active (self-powered) devices, where the B1 and B2 bass modules are passive, powered from an amplifier in the the Model II or 1s power stand.

Also, connecting a T1 to a Pro32 with the ToneMatch cable will only provide power to the T1 (no signal) -- you must use a TRS-TRS cable to send a signal back to a channel on the Pro32.  This is due to a difference in the electronics in the T1 vs. the T4s & T8s.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dylan_R

Hi romgmz!

The L1 Pro32 is an upgrade on the Model II, with more bass, power and range. However, if you're using a quadraphonic setup with your 4 x L1 Model II systems, this can not be replicated with only two replacement L1s.

How are you currently using your 4 x L1 Model IIs?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
stroeter
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2010

Did someone compared the new 32 side by side with the Model II?

How about the T1 with the 32 using Tonematch cable?

I went to Guitar Center this weekend to see and listen the 32 for the fist time, I love the fact that the 32 is a a lot more compact and way way lighter than the Model II, but I'm not sold in the fact that a lighter speaker will sound better than a heavy one, any thoughts? 

Fish-54
Leader
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

Hello stroeter,

Great question.  Frequent forum contributor DJ JD BASS made this comparison in this post about three weeks ago.  Of course, the most obvious reason accounting for the difference in size is that the Sub1 and Sub2 are active (self-powered) devices, where the B1 and B2 bass modules are passive, powered from an amplifier in the the Model II or 1s power stand.

Also, connecting a T1 to a Pro32 with the ToneMatch cable will only provide power to the T1 (no signal) -- you must use a TRS-TRS cable to send a signal back to a channel on the Pro32.  This is due to a difference in the electronics in the T1 vs. the T4s & T8s.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

stroeter
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2010

Thank you, Fish!

This week I'm going to a distributor with my T1 to make some tests.