Auron
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

A new Mixer for 2 L1 M2 + 2 B2

Hello there,
I'm using the L1 M2 System with 1 B2 on a Tyros 5. The T1 is my Mixer and the sound is just fantastic. The last 3 years were very succesful but I really need Stereo sound. That's why I decided to change the system. First I was thinking about a normal System but later I tested some other Systems like HK Elements. My results are clear. The L1 is the best. Finally I need a second L1 M2 and a second B2 and a new Mixer. Could you tell me if these two are good? One of them is a digital mixer. What's the advantage of each? Is there any important Sound difference?
Midas Venice F-16 and Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 AI. Which is better?

Do you have any advices for me?

Thank you very much!
Auron
3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: A new Mixer for 2 L1 M2 + 2 B2

Hi Auron,

If you are controlling the sound from the Tyros 5 and you just need to get two signals (left and right) through the T1® out to two L1®s... you can do that. You don't really need to get another mixer.

Here's an article: T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / Stereo Output to Two L1®s

If you have more inputs - please tell us about those and we'll figure it out from there.
Auron
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

Thank you for your reply!
I need a Mixer because the Microphone preamplifier of the Tyros isn't so good and I need more inputs for more mics, Keys and Guitars.
The 2 Mixers are also good for recording because they've got firewire Interfaces.
Which one would you chose? The presonus has less weight because it's digital.

Best regards,
Auron
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Auron,

I understand why you are looking at mixers now. Thanks.

I don't have any particular recommendations about mixers for you. If we are lucky, others will have some thoughts to share about this.