cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbob_2
Registered since

Nov 16, 2007

Re: A question about that bad word, "All in One DJ Stations"

I just purchased OTS DJ but was suprised to find out that it takes 1 to 18 hours until they finalize the purchase Confused So know im sitting here with a demo program. I have never come across a purchase that I had to wait hours for approval. Has anyone purchase from OTS and if so how long did you have to wait for activation?
DJ_Richard__Awa
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 9, 2005

I have a couple of Ots licences. They are normally active within a few hours, depending on working hours. It's Easter Friday already in Australia (where Ots is based). It IS incredible software though. I wouldn't use anything else.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

The next day on my first license but it took more time when I bought a second license because my Chase Visa placed a stop on my card. Apparently they were surprised to see me make a purchase in Australia. Bottom line it's a 18 to 24 hour process.

The program is incredible but it had a steep learning curve and many caveats that will tale some time for to figure out. The help instructions are written in English, not American, which also makes it difficult at times.
dj-smooth
Registered since

Dec 27, 2004

Nice set up. Looks Clean & organized. You mentioned turntables, etc. I've looked at the Numark NS7 because it has 2 motorized platters for scratching but I find that most all-in-ones use unique software and mearge with sertain manufactureres limitting our choices if we want to keep our existing software. Those of you who want to convert to all-in-ones i'd suggest keep doing the research. PCDJ is still my favorite. It's strait to the point with never a glitch and its been 9 years now.

www.d-smooth.com
flipper1
Registered since

Jun 29, 2006

I have been a satisfied OTS user for the past 5 years as well. I have not upgraded to the latest version as I'm totally happy with what I currently have.
dj-smooth
Registered since

Dec 27, 2004

ooops. i forgot the j in my link. its
www.dj-smooth.com
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

DJ-Smooth
Sharp website and we share the same hairstyle! You know what they say, it's a solar panel for a love machine.
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

Originally posted by Lou 😧
Paul Arnett,
The Numark IDJ2 looks incredible. I'm salivating but $600 US it's out of my price range for playing DJ in the garage. If I ever take my act on the road, I could justify the expenditure.

EWong,
The Numark CDMIX1 is reputed to be a great old work horse but it's not (I think?) mp3 compatible. I'm still looking at the CDMIX2 but I read a couple of negative user reviews. The CDMIX3 is out of my price range.

DJ Richard,
Yours was a real eye opener. I looked at the OtsDJ web site and learned I could download an all in one OtsDJ system (Silver 1.5) onto my lap top for about for about $180 US after a free 30 day trial. Then, when or if I'm up for it, I could upgrade (Pro 1.75) for another $180.

This thread and I are open to further advise and recommendations from the experts on this great forum but, at this point, the OtsDJ

Lou, the MIX 2 does not read MP3 either. I have 2 of them and I love them. I think they make great wedding mixers. Only the 3 is MP3 ready.

Read the reviews onn that iDJ2.... I have seen VERY FEW positive reviews.

One thing about the Mix 2.... it is rather noisy. I don't raise my masters any higher than 60%. While I do love them, I may be looking for something less noisy very soon. Not sure what, yet.
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Richard, Award Entertainment:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou 😧
Your set up looks clean and strait forward. I like it! Does the OtsDJ program only need a mouse and and a keyboard to operate?

That's correct Lou. Ots is a truly incredible piece of software. Very stable, not a system hog and full of unbelievably useful features. I've been a dedicated Ots user now for around 5 years. There's even an extremely helpful Ots User's Forum to help out with ideas and technical help if it's required.

Now if only the license wasn't so darned restrictive.... That is the ONLY thing really stopping me from buying it.
djbob_2
Registered since

Nov 16, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Deuce:
Originally posted by DJ Richard, Award Entertainment:

That's correct Lou. Ots is a truly incredible piece of software. Very stable, not a system hog and full of unbelievably useful features. I've been a dedicated Ots user now for around 5 years. There's even an extremely helpful Ots User's Forum to help out with ideas and technical help if it's required.