Prota-Zha
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Adding External Equalizer

I have a Bose L1 Model 1 with 2 B1 Bass modules. While I do like the unit and it's power, I am not satisfied with the overall tone. Are there any suggestions regarding which EQ would work well with the L1 to effect the overall sound of 'whatever' is going through it? The Bose EQ is way above my budget of $80 to $150. Also, would I use the insert for this application?

Thank you... T

9 REPLIES 9
ChetDude
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Adding External Equalizer

Are you using a mixer?

What part of its tone is bothering you?

Prota-Zha
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

I am using a small mixer with limited EQ, so... I was thinking something external might help. As far as the tone? I have limited knowledge to describe what I'm missing... maybe too much in the midrange.

Ric1
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Aloha e @Prota-Zha ,

A Behringer Graphic Equalizer EQ700

https://www.behringer.com/Cate...350#googtrans(en|en)

or a Boss GE7, while they are designed as guitar EQ, are clean low priced EQ boxes that would work well to adjust the mid range and notch out offending frequencies and boost wanted frequencies between your mixer and your Bose L1.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Prota-Zha,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. I'm glad you joined us.

Are you using the ToneMatch Presets?

Model I ToneMatch Presets

Here is a list of the ToneMatch Presets

Are you using the R1 Remote
R1Remote150.gif

Here's a link to the L1 Model I Owners Guide. See page 25 for instructions on how to use the Insert Point to connect an external processor.

I wouldn't spend any money on an external processor until you've explored the ToneMatch Presets and what you can do with the R1 Remote.

Cheers,

ST

rogerbus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Are you running the system along with a Bose Tonematch Mixer...??
Big difference...!!

Prota-Zha
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

ST posted:

Hi Prota-Zha,

R1Remote150.gif

Here's a link to the L1 Model I Owners Guide. See page 25 for instructions on how to use the Insert Point to connect an external processor.

I wouldn't spend any money on an external processor until you've explored the ToneMatch Presets and what you can do with the R1 Remote.

Cheers,

ST

Yes to both questions, my setting is currently "14" on channel 1 to which I input a mono send, of my eDrums and vocals from my Alesis Multimix 6.

Prota-Zha
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Roger posted:

Are you running the system along with a Bose Tonematch Mixer...??
Big difference...!!

I have not, but it appears to be out of my budget. Also, would they work with the original L1, and if so which one? T8S, T4S, T1...?

Prota-Zha
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

I just checked my L1 to see what version it is, I own the "Classic" version with the "Amp Ins".

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Prota-Zha,

Prota-Zha posted:
ST posted:

Hi Prota-Zha,

R1Remote150.gif

Cheers,

ST

Yes to both questions, my setting is currently "14" on channel 1 to which I input a mono send, of my eDrums and vocals from my Alesis Multimix 6.

For your electronic drums on channel one, try the Presets 00 or the ones from 70-78.

Preset 14 sounds like a good choice for vocals but experiment with 01 through 19. You may find one you like better.

Prota-Zha posted:

I just checked my L1 to see what version it is, I own the "Classic" version with the "Amp Ins". 

Thanks for the added information. The links I gave you in the my previous reply still apply to your L1 Classic.

ST