Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Adding second B1

Hi,
I'm certain this has been covered here b4.
Just ordered a second B1 and awaiting delivery to add to my L1 Mod 2 with T1. Will I need anything additional to run this B1 or will I be able to plug one into the base of the L1 and run the cable out of the 1st B1 into the second B1 ? Also, what can I expect good, bad or indifferent performance wise ?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Adding second B1

Hi Joey C,

Here's an excerpt from the
Model II Owners Guide - Page 13

--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--

The second cable will come with the second B1.

Also see these notes to understand how the second B1 works with the Model II Power Stand and what to expect.

Bass Line Out

Does that help?
jukeboxjoe
Registered since

May 12, 2009

I sing and play acoustic guitar, and for me, the difference in sound between one and two is subtle, and I actually prefer the sound of the single B1 on my voice and guitar, so I usually just use the one, though I would use the second for louder outdoor events where I want the bass to travel farther.

Plug it in, play, unplug it, play again. See which sound you like.
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Well Kinda...
If I read correctly. I have to reduce my overall master volume by 6db to retain the level and quality of tone ? This seems counter-productive as the reason for getting the additional B1 in the first place was to increase headroom (volume) so that I can play larger venues with no loss in overall quality.
I may be a little confused or just stupid but it doesn't make much sense to me.
Please advise.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Joe,

quote:
Originally posted by Joey C:
Well Kinda...
If I read correctly. I have to reduce my overall master volume by 6db to retain the level and quality of tone ?

You don't have to do anything... The L1® does this automatically. Not -6dB from the Master Volume, just from the Bass.

quote:

This seems counter-productive as the reason for getting the additional B1 in the first place was to increase headroom (volume) so that I can play larger venues with no loss in overall quality.

That is what the system does when you add a second B1.
quote:

I may be a little confused or just stupid but it doesn't make much sense to me.
Please advise.

Is that better?